321. Kincora children’s home (Northern Ireland)
Sexual abuse took place at this children’s home as it is common in a lot of group homes and foster families. However it is not normal for the authorities trying to stop investigation into child abuse. It was what took place in this tragic case.
It is state to state that it could not have been fun to be there as a teenager.
BBC among others published an article naming one of the staff members. Many of the boys were forced to interact with housemaster William McGrath in a very improper way.
- MI5 accused of covering up sexual abuse at boys’ home (The Guardian)
- Kincora Boy’s Home: Inquiry is a betrayal of the abused (The Belfast Telegraph)
- Kincora Boys’ Home: Young residents ‘abused within weeks of arriving’ (BBC)
- Kincora Boys’ Home (Wikipedia)
The state have decided to approve demolition hoping that once the building is gone, the histories about the neglect of supervision also will be gone. However late 2022 new stories about abuse conducted by persons from the outside was brought by the media to the public.
- Demolition of former Kincora Boys’ Home gets green light (Belfast Telegraph)
- The Queen’s cousin Lord Mountbatten is accused of sexually abusing a child at notorious Belfast boys home in 1970s in court case being brought 43 years after he was assassinated by the IRA (The Daily Mail Online)
- The Mountbatten child sex abuse dossier: three survivors make accusations. A fourth boy committed suicide. By David Burke. (Village Magazine)