Nichols School is located in Buffalo, New York.
An investigation is ongoing as it has been revealed that several teachers had improper relationships with students.
It cannot be fun to attend this school and not get the special attention of the teachers if you want it. It also cannot be fun to attend this school if you get special attention from the teachers and you do not want it.
- Nichols probe: Loophole doesn’t require private schools to report sexual misconduct (Buffalo News)
- ‘I was an immature girl with a crush’: Woman reveals how she had sex with her physics teacher, 48, when she was just 17 at exclusive $22,000 a year prep school where TEN teachers have been accused of sexual misconduct (The Daily Mail)
- TEN TEACHERS AT PRIVATE SCHOOL HAD ‘IMPROPER’ RELATIONSHIPS WITH STUDENTS OVER DECADES (News Week)
Seton Keough High School started as St. Joseph School of Industry in 1865. It was closed late 2017.
Father A. Joseph Maskell was a priest at the school in the 1960s and 1970s. For years he was able to secure abuse of girls by playing counselor. None questioned his work at the school. When evidence became too much, he moved on. In the end he had to emigrate to Ireland where he continued to work without any investigation done until he died a decade ago.
A lot of his former victims came forward. Some of the testimonies can be seen on the Netflix documentary “The Keepers”. As renaming a school is no longer a way to escape bad reputation the school closed in 2017 despite the fact that the present students sounded happy about their stay.
However the school never dealt entire with their past. For many years the abuse done by Maskell was covered up. The persons who did the cover-up remains to be investigated. It could not have been fun to be a teenage student there in the past.
- Before ‘The Keepers,’ My Mother Was One Of Father Maskell’s Victims (The Huffington Post)
- Did the Catholic Church Get Away with Murder? (Rape victims of the catholic church)
Brentwood Academy which is a so-called Christian Academy in Tennessee is mentioned in a number of newspaper articles mentioning rape and failure to protect a six grader against other students. They are also mentioned having tried to settle the terrible acts by not involving the authorities but instead a private counselor in order to cover up what happen to hide their name from the press which normally would be known if the police from the very start had been allowed to investigate the matter.
It cannot be fun to be there as a teenager with all this secrecy.
- Sex abuse prevention experts: Brentwood Academy student policies may send troubling message (The Knoxville News Sentinel)
- Email: Detective told family in 2016 he would present Brentwood Academy case to prosecutor (The Tennessean)
- 12-year-old boy was repeatedly raped at Christian academy, lawsuit says (The Visalia Times Delta)
- How a private counseling service is entwined in the Brentwood Academy lawsuit (The Tennessean)
The present facility is no longer a seminary. When it was a seminary incidents occured which meant that the facility was featured in the Ferns Report covering sexual abuse.
It took some time to clean out the criminals and too many students became victims.
It could not have been fun to be there as a student back then.
In the 1960’s and 1970’s students at Seton Keough High School in Baltimore, Maryland were offered the partnership of Father A. Joseph Maskell. It was not that fun for the students. Only the father enjoyed the abusive relationships.
A Netflix-documentary from 2017 covers the unsolved murder of Sister Cathy Cesnik. Whether her death had something to do with a possible cover-up of the abuse conducted by Father Maskell remains uncertain. Fact is that the abuse remained a secret for too many years.
The school will close down. It is safe to state that it could not have been fun to be there when the Father had access to the high School.
- What Happened To Father Joseph Maskell? ‘The Keepers’ Priest Is At The Center Of The Series (The Bustle)
- ‘Keepers’ priest Maskell spent time in Ireland, now under scrutiny (Baltimore Sun)
The All Saints Academy was founded in 2013. As a private religious based school they have their agenda. However the state also have theirs and it is to secure that schools in the country deliver a good quality and the Ofsted inspection found that the school didn’t deliver. Especially the quality of teaching was too variable and teachers’ expectations of pupils were too low.
Teaching the students the bible and exclude parts of the evolution history which does not fit what the bible claims does not ensure good quality.
However the schools have not addressed this. Instead they focused on punishing the understimulated students isolating them for 24 academic hours and sending them home with proper communication to the parents. Does that improve the student material? Of course not.
It cannot be fun to be there as student. There are properly other schools in the area. The parents should move their children away from this school.
- Plymouth headteacher vows to get school out of special measures within a year (Plymouth Herald)
- ngry parents say school ‘breaching human rights’ with rules ‘stopping pupils drinking water’ (The Mirror)
Tobinworld is the name for 3 dayschools in California. Recently an employee was arrested and the management distanced themselves from this case. However the not so funny thing by being a teenager at Tobinworld is not so much the actions of individuals. It is the policy of shock treatment used in the school like they do at Judge Rotenberg Center in another state.
The shock treatment is the factor that make it safe to state that it cannot be fun to be there as a teenager.
- CONTROVERSIAL PSYCHOLOGIST FOUND WORKING AT SPECIAL ED SCHOOLS (Edsource)
- Antioch: Tobinworld schools suspended after shock therapy hire, fudged background checks (Contra Costa Times)
- Antioch Police Release Booking Photo of Tobinworld Teachers Aide Arrested on Child Abuse (East County Today)
At Mount Vernon Middle School they allowed teachers not too fond of Darwin’s theories. In fact one teacher found it necessary to brand students then the answers to his question didn’t live up to his expectations.
It is safe to say that it could not be fun to go to this school while such employees are hired. Recent newspapers articles speak of a clean-up, so hopefully things have improved. But because the administration failed to protect the students in time, the school is on this blog.
- Creationist Teacher John Freshwater Accused of Burning Crosses into Students’ Arms (CBS News)
- John Freshwater (Wikipedia)
- THE ‘EVOLVING’ STORY OF TEACHER WHO BURNED CROSS INTO STUDENT’S ARM (Religiondis Patches)
Not only are students required to follow a strict dresscode leaving them without options to express themselves. The uniform has to be purchased at a certain shop so the families cannot shop where clothes is cheapest. They also allowed the children to be abused for too long. Now an investigation has been launched into the abuse.
It is safe to say that it could not have been fun to be there as a student.
- 30 former students now claim they were sexually abused at Collège Mont-Sacré-Coeur in Granbyr (The Montreal Gazette)
- Allegations of sexual abuse at Granby school subject of class-action lawsuit (CTV New Montreal)
It is a dayschool in the Danish town Fredericia so the children are not fored to live there. Blowjob is fine (I am a male) but I guess that I don’t want to learn how to do it from my teacher. Also it has been reported that the emontional challenge of attending school there is so challenging that students have ended up on welfare even before they had their first job.
So that is why it has been put on this list.
Most of the headlines about this place are in Danish language but you are free to Google-translate them. It is not a fun place to spend time as a teenager.
- Secrets at Cartolic dayschool in Denmark about to be revealed (Blog entry from Domestic prisoners of conscience)
- Factsheet about this school (Fornits Wiki)
- 10-årig elev: Læreren underviste os i blowjob (BT – in Danish language)
- Minister ind i sag om katolsk skole (BT – in Danish language)