939. Capital Christian School
The Capital Christian School located in Sacramento, has recently been in the news when former students told the world of the abuse they suffered of the hands of a former teacher. An abuse they claimed the school was informed of. Also more recently parents were surprised that they were kept in the dark of alleged abuse while the police investigated.
Sometime might indicated that it could not be fun to be a students at the school if you are one of the unlucky ones who falls victim for a molester.
- Men accusing former Capital Christian teacher of abuse speak out (Newsbreak)
- Parents Notified 6 Months After Accusations Against Sacramento Teacher (CBS 13 Sacramento)
- Christian school in California investigating possible teacher sexual misconduct; parents informed after seven months into investigation (The Christian Times)
905. Dock Mennonite Academy
Dock Mennonite Academy is a private school located in Pennsylvania. Earliest records of the schools date back to 1952 and it opened in 1953. It is affiliated with the Mennonite movement. Some years back they hired a teacher who had worked at the infamous CEDU chain of school mentioned on this block. They closed in 2005 after the lawsuits piled up.
At Dock Mennonite Academy the teacher was allowed to include some elements of the curriculum at CEDU. Especially a part called “smushing” where students and teacher lie close together so they can feel each others bodies.
Some years later the teacher – now a assistant principal made the choice to resign and later charges of misconduct was brought up.
Students who were forced through this process which took place after the marathon sessions involving attack therapy felt violated at CEDU. Some felt that the feeling of their bodies focused on private parts. Now students at the Dock Mennonite Academy who were subjected to the smushing part also felt violated.
Some might wonder why the management allowed these methods to be allowed and are the use limited to this one person? Did they not know about the lawsuits against CEDU? They were very public. As result the Dock Mennonite Academy became a not so fun a place to be as a teenager regardless of the outcome of the trial.
- Dock Academy Principal Placed on Leave Following Accusations of Inappropriate Contact with Student (North Penn Now)
- anyone remember martin weins? (Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora)
- Dock principal placed on leave after allegation (Anabaptist World)
- Running My Anger: The Legacy of the CEDU Cult (Medium)
882. Chennai schools
The Chennai shools offer top education but they run their schools allowing system of shaming and attract teachers who exploit the unsecure teenagers and some of the teenagers take sexual advantages of the teenage students.
As result many of the students felt that it was their fault that the teachers touched them in an inappropriate way and in some cases even went further.
Now former students call for a reform.
Until this has happened it is safe to say that it cannot be fun to be there as a teenager.
836. Green Meadow Waldorf School
The Green Meadow Waldorf School become center of a scandal involving an investigation into sexual abuse which where not investigated by anyone at the time it took place. The school also became involved in a lawsuit where it severed ties with a teacher rumored to have child porn in his possession.
It could not have been fun to be there as a teenager in the past.
781. Horace Mann School
The Horace Mann School was investigated due to a number of cases involving employees having various kinds of sexual interactions with their students.
The school claims that protocols to prevent future cases have been put in place. However it does not change the past. Back then it could not have been fun to be there as a teenager.
- The Dark Hallways of Horace Mann (The Atlantic)
- An extraordinary story of alleged sex abuse of students at elite private school over decades (The Washington Post)
761. St. Xavier High School (Louisville)
Yet another school is looking into the past and find that previous managements failed the children attending the school. This time it is St. Xavier High School in Kentucky run by the Xaverian Brothers.
A number of former employees have been named. Sadly they are dead so it is too late to bring them to justice. Is waiting for the deaths of the criminals, so you can publish what they did the new trend?
Anyway it is safe to state that it could not have been fun to be a student at the school back then.
753. T.M. Landry College Preparatory
Sometime the price of higher education seems to be too high. According to various articles the environment at the school is marked by fear. The leader of the school was sentenced for simple battery and ordered to undergo a court-ordered anger management program. Currently the FBI is investigating the school.
It cannot be fun to be there as a teenager.
741. St. Michael’s College School
At St. Michael’s College School they focused on sport. In fact they focused on sport and winning so much that the students suffered. Forms of punishment which can be called forms of corporal punishment was metered up and used for at least 50 years.
One thing is when the employees abuse the student. Another is when the school teaches the students to abuse other students in the name of success.
It could not have been fun to be there as a student.
- I went to St. Michael’s College. I’m not surprised by the news (The Globe and Mail)
- Alleged sex assault at prestigious St. Michael’s College investigated (The Toronto Sun)
- How could things have gone so wrong at St. Mike’s? (The Star)
735. The More Than Me Academy
The More Than Me Academy is located in the capital of Liberia. It is financed by a charity in the United States.
Recently stories about abuse was published on the Internet. It cannot be fun to be there as a teenager.
- UNPROTECTED (Propublica)
- Pre-Teen Girls Raped at Female-Empowerment School in Liberia: ProPublica (The Daily Beast)
- Sex Abuse Scandal & Cover-up at US NGO, Liberian Gov’t Slow to React (Front Page Africa)