The Green Meadow Waldorf School become center of a scandal involving an investigation into sexual abuse which where not investigated by anyone at the time it took place. The school also became involved in a lawsuit where it severed ties with a teacher rumored to have child porn in his possession.
It could not have been fun to be there as a teenager in the past.
The Horace Mann School was investigated due to a number of cases involving employees having various kinds of sexual interactions with their students.
The school claims that protocols to prevent future cases have been put in place. However it does not change the past. Back then it could not have been fun to be there as a teenager.
- The Dark Hallways of Horace Mann (The Atlantic)
- An extraordinary story of alleged sex abuse of students at elite private school over decades (The Washington Post)
Yet another school is looking into the past and find that previous managements failed the children attending the school. This time it is St. Xavier High School in Kentucky run by the Xaverian Brothers.
A number of former employees have been named. Sadly they are dead so it is too late to bring them to justice. Is waiting for the deaths of the criminals, so you can publish what they did the new trend?
Anyway it is safe to state that it could not have been fun to be a student at the school back then.
Sometime the price of higher education seems to be too high. According to various articles the environment at the school is marked by fear. The leader of the school was sentenced for simple battery and ordered to undergo a court-ordered anger management program. Currently the FBI is investigating the school.
It cannot be fun to be there as a teenager.
At St. Michael’s College School they focused on sport. In fact they focused on sport and winning so much that the students suffered. Forms of punishment which can be called forms of corporal punishment was metered up and used for at least 50 years.
One thing is when the employees abuse the student. Another is when the school teaches the students to abuse other students in the name of success.
It could not have been fun to be there as a student.
- I went to St. Michael’s College. I’m not surprised by the news (The Globe and Mail)
- Alleged sex assault at prestigious St. Michael’s College investigated (The Toronto Sun)
- How could things have gone so wrong at St. Mike’s? (The Star)
The More Than Me Academy is located in the capital of Liberia. It is financed by a charity in the United States.
Recently stories about abuse was published on the Internet. It cannot be fun to be there as a teenager.
- UNPROTECTED (Propublica)
- Pre-Teen Girls Raped at Female-Empowerment School in Liberia: ProPublica (The Daily Beast)
- Sex Abuse Scandal & Cover-up at US NGO, Liberian Gov’t Slow to React (Front Page Africa)
Belmont Abbey School was a school being run in connection with Belmont Abbey in Herefordshire. It was closed in the 1990’s.
Recently there were an investigation into possible sexual abuse resulting in a police action.
It is safe to say that some students did not find it very funny to be groomed by adults.
Buckfast Abbey Preparatory School existed between 1967 and 1994 before rumors closed the school due to low enrollment. Two monks were later arrested and convicted of sexual abuse of some of the boys who attended the school.
It could not have been fun to be student at this school.
At Flagstaff Comprehensive High School girls were made to perform extra for higher grades. In the end one of the girls became pregnant due to the part extra-curricular activities the girls had to take part in as a price for higher grades.
It could not have been fun to be there as a female student
- ‘Sex-for-marks’ scandal rocks Eastern Cape school (News 24)
- Unrest at E Cape school after teacher accused of impregnating learner (SABC news)
- Six teachers in sex with pupils scandal (Daily Dispatch)