Green Hill School is a youth prison located in Chehalis, Washington. Back in the 1970’s incidents took place which punished the children beyond the sentences, the courts had issued upon them.
A investigation was launched into the incidents and it has resulted in a number of convictions.
More recently it seems that the security of the facility has been undermined by actions of some of the employees, which is under investigation as of 2021. Smuggling of items to the detainees has led to other employees to state that they do not feel safe. Acts of violence between the detainees has also taken place.
It could not have been fun to be there as a teenager.
- Former Green Hill School Employee Sentenced in Relation to Sexual Misconduct at Chehalis Facility (The Chronicle)
- THE GREEN HILL SCHOOL IN CHEHALIS, WASHINGTON, ISN’T REALLY A SCHOOL AT ALL. IT’S A JUVENILE DETENTION FACILITY FOR MEDIUM- AND MAXIMUM-SECURITY JUVENILE OFFENDERS. (Pfau Cochran Vertetis Amala)
- WA agrees to settle lawsuit about abuse at Green Hill School juvenile facility (KIRO 7 News)
- Former staffer at juvenile detention facility indicted for accepting bribes for smuggling contraband into facility (Department of Justice U.S. Attorney’s Office Western District of Washington)
- Four Stabbed at Green Hill School in Chehalis Sunday (Yahoo Sport)
St Joseph’s College was founded by the De La Salle Brothers, which is a order of monks. The school opened in 1937.
Like to many boarding schools run by religious orders, claims of abuse has risen. Around 20 ‘old boys’ have since written in to allege physical and sexual abuse by teachers at the school between the 1960s and 1980s. The Suffolk police has started an investigation.
Articles speak on an environment you will not see as fun to be in when you are a teenager.
Casa La Esperanza located in Ensenada, Mexico was among the so-called rehabs closed in 2004 after a long thorough investigation. At the time of its closure 20 detainees called students in the press was present.
The exact location and nature of this facility is not known as most of the sources have been lost. If you by chance know something, please comment this article.
However based on the testimonies of others who have been in similar facilities in Mexico it is safe to assume that it could not have been fun to be there as a teenager.
- Casa by the Sea / Casa La Esperanza / Genesis shut by Mexica (The Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora)
- Mexican Officials Shut Down 3 Schools for Troubled U.S. Youths (Los Angeles Times)
- Baja raids shut boarding schools for U.S. teens (San Diego Union-Tribune – reposted at The Cult Education Institute)