Timberlawn Behavioral Health System was founded in 1917. Over the years it specialized in treatment of mental issues at children and young adults.
Complaints has been public almost since the start of the common use of the Internet. In 2017 the state suddenly became aware that there was a problem and it led to the closure of Timberlawn in 2018. It could not have been fun to be there as a patient.
- ‘Immediate jeopardy’: How safe are kids at state-monitored Timberlawn psych hospital? (The Dallas Morning News)
- Dallas Timberlawn psychiatric hospital has run out of second chances (The Dallas Morning News)
- Timberlawn Mental Health System (UHS Behind Closed Doors)
Piedmont Behavioral Health Center is a residential treatment center in Leesburg. An article states that the facility is used as a store room for teenagers in the foster care system where teenagers are moved around without a long-term plan.
November 2017 a teenager was found dead at the facility. Something indicate that it cannot be a fun place to be as a teenager.
- Outsourcing Troubled Kids (The Washington City Paper)
- Admissions at North Spring health facility halted after resident’s death (Loudoun Times-Mirror)
Edgemeade of Virginia was a treatment center which closed in 1979. There was not a lot of protect mecanism to secure the safety of the teenage patients. A girls was raped.
The center closed in 1979. The unsafe environment makes it safe to state that it could not have been fun to be there as a teenager.
White River Academy started out as a wilderness program in Costa Rica but moved to Utah later. As a point one of employees were Randall Hinton known from the notorious Tranquility Bay. He was later sentenced in connection with another facility.
Various articles mention runaways and stabbing. It cannot be fun to be there as a teenager.
- White River Academy in Delta, Utah is a private prison (When far from home)
- Millard teen arrested in stabbing at school (Deseret News)
- My friend has been sent off to white river academy and i’m really worried about him. (Reddit)
Stillwater Academy located in Utah were in the years 2002-2004 the center of the media interests because they held artist Alex Asch detained on the orders of his parents who didn’t understand the concept of life his choice of life as an artist included.
Forced to take medication, cut off from the surrounding world, isolated from the life back home with friend and censorship of his work were just some of the things he experienced. He was released in 2004.
It cannot be fun to be locked up as a teenager just because you do not share the same values of life as your parents.
Forest Hospital in Des Plaines is today mostly kwown for having housed artist Daphne Scholinski while they tried to treat her for a non-illness. It is not known how many teenagers who were treated without cause. However when they hospital was sold, news emerged that they have treated patients unnescesary collecting money for it. They were ordered to pay some of the money back.
It could not have been fun to be treated and even restrained for illnesses you do not suffer from.
Turn-about Ranch was founded in 1989. Today it is mostly known for having housed Jemma Lucy and Danielle Bregoli aiding them making their career as they have it today.
Sadly it is also known for the tragic death of an employee caused by the stressful environment the ranch create for the newcomers to the ranch.
Robbed of modern things like heating and decent bed combined with being confined to a stone circle all day the only question is why it took so long for a murder to occur.
It cannot be a fun place to be as a teenager.
- Turn About Ranch…the worst of it. UTAH is filled with hell for young kids like this and this is a just a short part of my whole story there. Please make it aware for any parents wanting to send their kids to these correctional facilities. (Reddit)
- Will Danielle Bregoli replace Jemma Lucy as Turn-about Ranch most successful client? (WordPress)
- Teen who said he woke up ‘heartless’ accused of murdering Utah youth rehab worker (My Daily News)
- How low can she go? Jemma Lucy flashes it all while wearing no underwear and snogging female pal (The Mirror)
This facility in Hurricane Utah is perhaps mostly known for the terrible traffic accident which claimed the lives of two residents. However the real issue is that the facility isolates the young female teenagers from their peers back home and use both restraints and isolation as punishment.
It cannot be fun to be there as a teenager.
During the last few years this residential treatment center has spiralled out of control. Residents assaulting people in town, riots and a number of runaway resulting in the local police to have responded to 827 calls.
Now the enrollment has been ordered to stop.
But the question people should ask themselves were: Is it fun to be there as a teenager?
The number of runaways and all this acting out is a clear signal that is not a fun place to be.
- After assaults, no new students at Hawthorne Cedar Knolls (Lohud)
- Residents Complain About Trouble at Local Youth Center (NBC New York)
- Student Charged in Strangling of a Schoolgirl (New York Times)
The boys home was founded in 1868. Maybe it saved the lives of many childrenbefore it closed in 1974. However some ended up being abused and now the authorities are trying two retired employees for the alleged abuse as we have to call it until the court can rule.
Some children were even sent out of the country to an uncertain future.
It could not have been a fun place to be as a child.