Young Danes dreaming of a life in the movie entertainment business were abused by the directors Ernst Johansen and Lasse Nielsen. Ernst Johansen had a taste for young girls and Lasse Nielsen a taste for young boys.
They made a number of youth movies like “Du er ikke alene”, “Måske ku’ vi” and “La’ os være”. They were the hottest partnership in the Danish movie industry back then. Young talents wanted to be part of the movies and the ambitions was abuse by the directors. One of the girls comitted suicide.
It could not have been fun being a teenager finding out that the agenda never was to make the movies, but rather using the movies to get easy and quick sex.
- Overgreb i danske ungdomsfilm (Ekko film)
- ’Det var 70’erne, og det var sommer, og solen skinnede’ (Information)
St. John Vianney Seminary located 25 miles west of Richmond, Virginia is closed. When it was open the boys suffered by the strange and bizarre behavior among some of the employees which must be considered abuse.
Investigation was finally launced many years after. It remains unclear whether the full scale of events ever will be public, but it is safe to say that it could not have been fun to be there as a student.
- Richmond’s Troubled Diocese”>Richmond’s Troubled Diocese (The Washington Post)
- Father Figure (Style Weekly)
- Richmond, Virginia – St. John Vianney Seminary (SNAP Survivors’ Network)
The St Michael’s Catholic Boarding School was a religious school in Tanzania. It was run by the Rosminians.
In 2010 investigation began into the past of the school, which was published in 2011. It could not have been fun to be there as a student.
- He was my priest and my friend. Then I found out he was a paedophile (The Guardian)
- Abused: Breaking the Silence, BBC One, review (The Telegraph)
- The men abused by Rosminians deserve compensation (Catholic Herald)
- Saint Michaels School, Soni, Tanzania (Soni Prison Camp) (St. Michael’s & St.George’s School, Iringa – Tanganyika REUNION)
The Grace Dieu Manor School is run by the Rosminians. They also ran other schools. The order ran a Yorkshire reform school near Market Weighton from 1857 until they were replaced in 1912. Out of three Rosminian rectors, two were moved after being criticised by authorities for the use of excessively severe punishments. In Ireland, the Rosminians ran two industrial schools, St Patrick’s in Upton, from 1889 to 1966, and St Joseph’s in Clonmel, from 1885 to 1999. The Ryan Report from the Ireland’s Commission to Inquire into Child Abuse document abuse at the schools. Several lawsuits have been filed and many were settled outside the court system.
It seems that the order neglected to report abusive staff only exchanging them to other places once the complaints became too many. It could not have been fun to be there as students.
- Eurasian who went to British boarding school in the 1950s breaks his silence over abuse (Post Magazine)
- Former 1950s students to sue Catholic order over abuse (BBC News)
This very alternative school was located first in California, then in Mexico until the started ended its time in Guatemala.
They used an alternative curriculum and the children attending the school were basically isolated in an environment organized like a cult.
The school closed in the 1990’s and both founders are now dead. It looks like a bad place to be as a student.
- Shimber Beris memorial page
- Scott Wilson’s Book (The Smiley Smile Message Board)
- Shimber Beris (The blog of Petera Shlock)
- The “school for troubled teens” (Reddit Troubled Teens)
Underley Hall School had housed various schools since the 1940’s. Recently a case was opened against employees working there in the 1970’s and 1980’s.
The employees used a lot of brutal force to keep the student in place. A trial was resently started in response to the treatment the children received.
It could not have been fun to be there as a student.
- Underley Hall School staff ‘gouged eyes of pupils to instil fear’ (The Times)
- Men Go On Trial Over Alleged Historic Abuse At Underley Hall School (Lakeland Radio)
- Underley Hall staff instilled ‘fear and brutality’ (BBC News)
- Underley Hall School trial: Former pupil tells court he was left “battered and bruised” by alleged assault (The Westmor Land Gazette)
The Arcade Circus is a private circus school located in Katoomba. A number of employees were arrested charged on rape, kidnapping, assault occasioning actual bodily harm and production of child porn.
Needless so say that it does not sound like a fun place to be as a child.
- CIRCUS ‘CHILD SEX RING’ Seven circus school members ‘performed sadistic blood and sex rituals on three boys under eight in shocking child abuse ring’ (The Sun)
- Seven charged over sexual and physical abuse at Katoomba circus school: police (The Sydney Morning Herald)
- Group linked to performing arts school in regional NSW carried out ‘blood rituals’ during abuse of boys, police allege (ABC News Australia)
Canaan’s Land Boys Ranch is a small so-called boarding school where they use the ACE curriculum. It operated for some time without proper paperwork, but in Montana there are not a lot of consequences by doing this. The manager – JR Thompson – known from the bizarre events at Blue Creek Academy started the so-called school without proper paperwork.
Given the fact that such schools require almost no oversight and given his past behavior, it is safe to state that it cannot be fun to be there as a teenager, not to mention that the curriculum does not count at most universities and colleges, meaning that it is waste of time academically to attend school there.
- Rapes, Daily Beatings, and No Escape: Christian School Was Hell For These Boys (The Daily Beast)
- Good Ol Christian Schools (Topix)
The Family Bridges workshops are used when one parent is claimed to have alienated the children against the other parent. However in many divorce cases it is not the parent who have the best interest in the children who wins custody in the courts. It is the parent with the most money.
In the case involving the Loudon sisters these critized workshops were used and the children had to endure time in court as they were criminals.
It cannot be fun to be forced to attend these workshops as a teenager when you really wants to be with a parent who loves you.
- They were taken from their mom to rebond with their dad. It didn’t go well. (The Washington Post)
- Loudon Sisters Jailed for Refusing to Live with Father (My Advocate Center)
The Adriel School children with behavioral issues from across Southwest and Central Ohio. Now it lost its license due to actions of the employees.
The authorities has stated that the employees injured some of the children and showed them how to “get high.”
It is not something children who needed care and treatment should be imposed to.
It could not have been fun to be student at the Adriel School.
- State: West Liberty group home workers injured, got high with kids (Dayton Daily News)
- Adriel School under state, county investigation (Springfield News Sun)