901. Peachford Hospital
Peachford Hospital is a behavioral hospital located in Dunwoody, Georgia. Some sources mention a connection to Universal Health Services.
Media reports that the hospital is run in a very alternative way. An article talks about a child found in a freezer and a toe lost on another patient. The officials are not notified and when they do, the full extent of the incidents are not fully covered.
Some relatives question the treatment approach.
It cannot be fun to be there as a patient
- Patient found in freezer, child loses toe: 46 claims of abuse investigated at mental health facility (WSB TV)
- Mother outraged after son being treated in addiction hospital given drugs (WSB TV)
- Failure to Care (National Alliance of Professional Psychology Providers)
900. Hill Crest Behavioral Health Services
Hill Crest Behavioral Health Services established in 1925 is owned by Universal Health Services.
In the media the facility is mentioned when video tapes were leaked from the facility showing employees assaulting the young patients.
It could not be fun to be there as a teenager.
- Videos Show UHS Hospital Staff Assaulting Young Patients (Buzz Feed News)
- Shocking videos show staff viciously abusing patients at one of America’s largest for-profit psychiatric hospitals (The Daily Mail Online)
- Hill Crest Behavioral Health (Reddit Troubled Teen Wiki Database)
683. Poplar Springs Hospital
The Poplar Springs Hospital in Petersburg, Florida has been seen a number of cases where teenagers have run away. Also the reviews of former patients seem not to be that positive.
Here are some of the testimonies:
Had a horrible experience here, upon my arrival people were on me like leeches, multiple females wanted to fight me. I got into two fights, staff did nothing. A female bit me in front of staff and all they said was “Did she break skin” “looks fine to me”. The staff was nonchalant about everything. My family bought me my necessities and the staff claimed they “couldn’t find” my belongings. Poor experience, don’t do drugs.
I was here in 2015 for 7 days, I think. I was under a TDO and I got there really early in the morning and they took hours to finally get me onto the adolescent unit. I saw a lot of fights. I think I counted 11 fights in the 7 days I was there. I also noticed that they sent almost every single patient to the residential unit. I had to beg them to not send me to the residential unit. The staff was honestly a joke, minus like 2 people. I don’t even remember going to groups or my court hearing. Literally, the only good thing that came out of it was they gave me nicotine patches with my moms permission.
Running as hospital for minors require supervision. It seems that the hospital does care more about profit than the safety of the patients. It cannot be fun being a teenage patient in this hospital.
- Police searching for runaway teens who left Poplar Springs Hospital (WTVR news)
- Polar Springs Hospital complaints (UHS behind closed doors)
680. University of Utah’s Madsen Health Center
The University of Utah’s Madsen Health Center has been the center of a lawsuit. When teenagers does to the doctor – especially when they are in the process of becoming adult and more intimate examinations are needed it is important that they are not done when the doctor is alone.
Now a 13 year old girl felt herself violated. It did not help the situation that the doctor threatened with a stay at one of the residential treatment facilities when almost every teenager now knows that the treatment facilities are worse than prisons.
It cannot be fun to be committed to this hospital with such a lose practice towards younger patients.
Lawsuit accuses former University of Utah Hospital doctor of sexually assaulting 13-year-old patient six years ago
606. The Lord’s Ranch
The Lord’s Ranch also known during company names like Trinity Behavioral Health Care and Maxus seems to have been exposed as a fraud. The owner Ted Suhl are under investigation of having bribed a public official.
Former employees complain about missing salaries and some even wrote that they were hired to alter medical records so the teenagers forced to live at the ranch were registered to be suffering from more illness that they arrived with allowing the ranch to keep them on an extended period milking both parents and money paid by the tax-payers.
Being forced to be treated for an illness you do not have is not for those teenagers who became victim of the scheme.
- The end of the road for Ted Suhl’s Lord’s Ranch? (Arkansas Times)
- Lord’s Ranch owner sentenced in bribery scheme (WMC Action News 5)
- Trinity Behavioral Health (Topix.com)
- DHS suspends 2 companies involved in bribery case (Arkansas Online)
605. Cheyenne Mesa
Cheyenne Mesa was located in Colorado Springs. It is closed now. If you google the facility all links which pops up are about 15 year old Robert Thomas Pillsen-Rahier, who disappered from the facility in 1990.
What is very odd about this place is that his mother found blod in his underwear during a home visit and the phone calls were monitored so this poor boy was afraid of talking openly with his mother over the phone.
What was his fear about? Were other children affected by the same kind of fear of talking. Was he simply silenced and by who?
Whenever you have a treatment facility which does not allow patients privacy when they talk to family members there is a risk of possible abuse which could take place against the children who are held at such facilities.
It certainly could not have been a fun place to at if you were a teenager forced into treatment there.
- Missing Man: Robert Thomas Pillsen-Rahier – CO – 07/06/1990 (Project Jason)
- The missing: a mom’s pain, a cop’s burden (The Gazette)
- Colorado Springs boy disappears from youth treatment home (The Denver Post)
604. Lighthouse Care Center of Augusta
The Lighthouse Care Center of Augusta did not conduct a proper background check of their employees properly because they wanted to keep the costs of having employees low, so now the police are doing it for them. 3 times the police have arrested employees charging them with various crimes where the children became the victims.
It is safe to say that it cannot be fun to be at a facility where the police has to wait for crimes to happen before the employees can be ordered to act like the professionals they were supposed to be.
- Third arrest this year made at center to help troubled children (The Augusta Chronicle)
- Lighthouse Care Center of Augusta (UHS Behind Closed Doors)
- Warrants detail alleged sexual assault of two teens by mental health workers (WRDW 12 news)
514. The Federico Mora Hospital
The Federico Mora Hospital in Guatamala City, Guatemala is been the center of an article made by BBC. It seems that the hospital is understaffed and they drug the patients to keep track of them.
It also seems that there are employees who take advantage of the drugged patients and rape them while they are under influence of drugs.
It cannot be fun to be there as a child.
513. John Radcliffe Hospital
The John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford is mentioned in an article about two male nurses who took advantage of young teenage patients who were unable to defend themselves while being admitted and under the effects of drugs.
After the first case the administration should have taken precaution to prevent it but it seems that money is more worth than the safety of the patients.
It cannot be fun to be there as a teenager.