805. Center of Progressive Strides
Center of Progressive Strides located in North Carolina closed after one of the employees were arrested and charged for alleged sexual assault. Investigation into the past brought forward charges of statutory sex offense, sexual battery and two counts of indecent liberties. The group home was shut down.
As result of the investigation the police chief stepped down as he was co-owner of the facility under investigation. How such thing could pass under his watch is strange. However the arrested employee worked as policeman so perhaps it is the reason that the alleged abuse could have taken place over some time.
Anyhow it could not have been fun to be there as a teenager.
- Former Greensboro group home employee faces 5 new sex offense charges after third person comes forward (Greensboro News & Journal)
- Greensboro Deputy Police Chief James Hinson files for retirement as an employee at his group home faces charges of sexual assault against a minor (Greensboro News & Journal)
- Burlington police investigating alleged sex crimes at church involving a former Greensboro group home employee (My FOX 8 News)
804. Bridgeway Group Home
The Bridgeway Group Home was mentioned in the media in 2018 when the police arrested the manager of the group home for sexual assault. He was later sentenced to 54 years to life in prison. It is not known whether precautions have been made to ensure the safety of the teenagers in the future or how the assault could have taken place for so long. The sentenced manager was manager from 2015 to 2018.
It could not have been fun to be there as a teenager.
803. New Horizon Group Home LLC / Robeson County group home for children
In 2018 state regulators visited a group home just outside Lumber Bridge in North Carolina. They found that the children did not receive the care, they needed according to their placement and closed the newly opened group home down again.
Years later immigrant children will be housed in the same environment. Hopefully there are no expectations into how they will be treated because past history show that it will become a warehouse for the children where they will not receive proper education or other treatment.
It could not have been fun to be there as a special-need child. It will properly not be fun to be there as an immigrant child either.
- Judge upholds state’s decision to remove children from problematic Robeson group home (WRAL News)
- Unlicensed NC company with troubled history gets $4M to house migrant children (WRAL News)
- We don’t need New Horizon operating here (The Laurinburg Exchange)
802. Bellevue Baptist Church
Bellevue Baptist Church is a large church in the Memphis area. When so many people attend a church among them young people even children, the church have a special responsibility to monitor their employees and report incidents to the police when needed.
It seems that Bellevue Baptist Church failed this responsibility. An employee were able to engage in sexual relationship with a underaged girl. A now former pastor showed some interesting photos of his wife special situations.
It cannot be fun lot let your children go to a so-called safe place and then find them as potential victims. It cannot be fun for the children either.
- Bellevue Baptist Church responds to lawsuit over staff member’s abuse of teen(Commercial Appeal)
- This story is unbelievable and creepy (Dee Parsons on Twitter)
- Suit Alleges Southern Baptist Church’s Negligence Led to Abuse of Teen (Ministry Watch)