A girl who was there and escaped the facility managed to stab her father and starve her mother to death. We can only guess how cruel the conditions must be when the outcome can become so tragic for the entire family.
The entire concept of treating Internet Addiction – an illness invented as part of a hoax in 1995 – is tragic. It is an industry motivated by money displaying no remorse against all the victims they hurt.
It is safe to say that is not fun to be there as a teenager.
- 16-year-old girl starves mom to death for forcing her into brutal internet addiction camp (Shanghai Ist)
- Chinese teen starves mother to death in fury at brutal Internet addiction boot camp (The Washington Post)
- Internet Addiction – What once was parody may soon be diagnosis. (Reason.org)
Recent arrests show that it was more than a rumor that there was abuse going on at this now-closed boarding school for boys. The school was located in Ongar, Essex. Brentwood Police is doing the investigation.
The children were shown porn movies, provided with alcohol which due to their limited experience into drinking made them easy targets. Rapes were mentioned in the media.
It could not have been fun to be there as a child.
Today Boston Children’s Hospital is mostly known outside the United States for the Justina Pelletier. The teenage girl was treated and diagnosed by the Tufts Medical Center when she was admitted to the hospital during a vacation. Here the hospital out of the blue suddenly second-guessed the diagnose the medical center had found.
When her parent protested the new diagnose stopping treatment of the original illness out of fear of the possibility of a worsen health the hospital went to the courts and the parents lost guardianship so the hospital could have their newfound guinea pig for themselves putting the poor through exhausting therapy.
Finally the judge discovered his mistake and reverted the guardianship to the parents. Since her return home she has been through surgery.
This case caught the attention of the media mostly because her parents had the strength to approach them. What if there are several others who go through therapy against their will?
It cannot be fun to be there as a teenager if you are held there against your will.
- Sister Says Justina Pelletier’s Health ‘Worst Ever’ (Fox 61 news)
- Justina Pelletier heads home after judge ends state custody (The Boston Globe)
- Parents of Justina Pelletier sue Boston Children’s Hospital (The Boston Globe)