456. Daarur Rasul Islamic boarding school
Christian Parents living at West Papua are living every day fearing that their children will be taken to boarding schools to become heathens.
If the children don’t break, they disappear and will most properly die at an unknown location so their parent cannot even visit their graves.
This is the same Indonesia who try to bring tourists into their country. Maybe that is the spot where they need to be hurt not visiting them before the central government stop this abuse.
It is safe to say that it cannot be fun to be there as a teenager.
- They’re taking our children (The Sydney Morning Herald)
- Muslim Indonesia Is Islamising West Papuan Christian and Animist Children By Deceit or By Force (New English review)
455. Christian and Missionary Alliance’s Mamou Academy
The Christian and Missionary Alliance’s Mamou Academy located in Guinea operated until 1971. After the school was closed and the children became adults they started to speak out against the abuse they experienced at the school. It was documented in various newspapers. A documentary was also made.
It is safe to state that it could not have been fun to be there as a child.
- A Badly Broken Boarding School (Christianity Today)
- All Gods Children – the film
- Missionary Kids Silent No More about Abuse (CBN News)
454. Tekakwitha Orphanage
The Tekakwitha Orphanage in Sisseton, South Dakota housed a number of children some decades ago. Among the employees were a pastor who according several of the children who were forced to live at the Orphanage raped the children. He was never convicted. That is why we don’t mention his name in this blog. However you can find his sorry name in the sources to this article.
It is safe to conclude that it could not have been fun to be there as a child.
- Sacred Visions (Bag Eagle)
- South Dakota Boarding School Survivors Detail Sexual Abuse (indian country today media network)
- ‘I Want Everyone To Know What Happened To Us’: South Dakota Church-Abuse Survivor Speaks Out (The Huffington Post)
453. Amur Boarding school
We found a video showing use of corporal punishment at Amur Boarding School located somewhere in Russia
Articles show that the management has failed to do background checks of employees and allows minors without relevant training to work with the children properly to save money.
It is safe to say that it cannot be fun to be there as a child.
- Video Shows Children Beaten at Amur Boarding School (The Interpreter)
- Orphan Abuse Case Prompts Call for Public Oversight (The Moscow Times)
452. Ettal monastery school
Ettal monastery school in Bravia, Germany made the headlines when the police raided it based on suspicion of abuse. According to various sources hundreds of boys had been beaten, many of them severely, by staff at the school decades ago.
It is not clear how many who will end up being charged and given their day in court but it is safe to say at this point that it couldn’t have been fun to be there as a teenager.
- Court probes abuse at Catholic boarding school (The Local)
- German Monastery raided over child sex abuse claims (Getty Images)
- Court probes abuse at Catholic boarding school (The remembered self)
451. Magnolia Hills Christian School
Around 2008 bad press pressured the so-called residential treatment facilities which worked together with the WWASP organization. Enrollment lowered at Carolina Springs Academy and after a fire the authorities made various demands, so the owners rebranded Carolina Springs Academy as Magnolia Hills Christian School. Now it was marketed as a Christian School.
However enrollment continued to be reduced and in the end the campus was closed down.
There were problems with animals on the property not being taken care off.
It could not have been fun to be there as a teenager.
- School of Troubles: Another chance for abandoned boarding school (Independent Mail)
- Animal Bones, Carcasses Found At Closed School (WYFF 4 news)