Chelfham Mill School has been the center of an investigation into past events. The school was a residential school for boys with emotional and behavioural problems. It was closed in 2015 after it was revealed how the boys were treated.
The investigation have since continued to include other schools.
It could not have been fun to live there.
The Landon School located in Bethesda, Maryland was founded in 1929. A recent investigation into past episodes of abuse revealed that several students had been victim of a teacher working there between 1946 and 1962.
It is stated by the school that they had no knowledge of the abuse taking place back then. It does seem that they realized that they needed systems to catch possible abuse from happening again and created such a setup recently.
It could not have been fun to be there as a student risking being victim for such a teacher.
The present management of the school is behind an investigation into the past of the school located in Tokyo. What is missing is putting names on the people responsible and if possible if they are alive to today look into whether they can be prosecuted.
Sexual abuse seems to have taken place in the years between the 1950s and 1990s. Other forms of abuse seem to have been uncovered too.
It is safe to state that it could not have been fun to a child at the school back then.
- Boarding School for Missionary Kids Uncovers Dozens of Abuse Allegations (Christianity Today)
- School for missionary children in Japan investigating allegations of past abuse (Religion News Service)
Mount Carmel Industrial School was located in Moate in Ireland.
It was a place where the local child welfare authorities could outsource their responsibilities to. Adults who survived the ordeal being placed there as children speak of beatings and sexual abuse. Some children seem to have disappeared. The paperwork was sparse and properly some of it has disappeared.
It could not have been fun to be there as a child. Where the oversight, the state should have taken care off were, is also uncertain. None seem to have taken care.
- Offaly man speaks out about sickening abuse suffered in local residential home (Offaly Express)
- “I want to know who those babies were, how they ended up in that room in Mount Carmel and what ever became of them.” (Irish Mirror)
- Woman was victim of abuse since childhood (The Irish Times)
- ‘The State doesn’t care’ – Brave survivor of childhood sexual and physical abuse at industrial school (The Irish Independent)
St. Mary is a small community located in the state of Alaska. For many years the Catolic church ran a boarding school there. Today it is known that the church did not stop the actions of Father James Poole. He was active in the 1960’s and 1970’s putting numerous girls through ordeals which no girl should be subjected to.
It is safe to say that it could not have been fun to be there as a teenager having a body which he took interest in.
“It does always happens to others” is the thinking of present students at the Loomis Chaffee School in Connecticut. But it does happen to someone and it destroys their lives.
So why put up this false wall of safety when it is not there and it is a random lottery to be safe?
When investigation are done they uncover one incident after another. It cannot be fun to be there as a teenager once you loses in the lottery of safety.
- Loomis Chaffee School Reports More Sexual-Misconduct Cases Dating Back Decades (The Hartford Current)
- Loomis Chaffee students feel safe despite rape (Journal Inquirer
- Boarding school investigation uncovers more abuse (AP News)
Northwest Academy closed after 24 years. It came to life under the CEDU umbrealla. The sick ideology which was invented by the religious community Synanon was used on innocent children. Later after CEDU collapsed it was purchased by a large investor group running a number of residential programs all over the United States. Not very much is known from this last period but it is sure that the teenagers felt themselves isolated from their extended family and peers back home.
A riot among students also took place. It could not have been fun to be there as a teenager.
- Northwest Academy closing after 24 years (The Sandpoint Reader)
- CEDU DEATHS, RAPE, ABUISE, AND CORRUPTION (Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora)
- Parents, Authorities Trying To Get To Bottom Of Riot No Charges Filed After Violent Outbreak At Academy For Troubled Teens (The Spokesman-Review)
- Suit Says Schools For Troubled Teens Set Stage For Abuse State Report Says Allegations By Former Students Are Valid (The Spokesman-Review)
Kongenshus Efterskole closed here in year 2018. To the public it is mostly known for a rape a girl was subjected to and the incident where several student had to be rescued when they were out sailing in small boat when the wheather became worse.
It could not have been fun to be there as a student.
A Better Way Youth Academy, also marketed as Robert Louis Stevenson Youth Academy and Mole Ole Ava was boarding school on what at that time was called Western Samoa.
Today it is mostly known for a scandal where an employee has a sexual relationship with female students.
It could not have been fun to be there back then.
It’s Cheap, But is it Good for Kids? (Spark Action)
The Miracle Meadows boarding school losely affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventists movement was founded in 1988. It has been closed after an investigation showed that the school administration tried to hide that students were handcuffed to beds and subjected to rape and beatings.
The founder of the school was arrested because she did not report the abuse but tried to hide it from the authorities.
It could not have been fun to be there as a student.