The group home Kikhøj was located in Holbæk Denmark. In 2019 it closed after the authorities investigated the group home and found violations of rules regarding the use of restraints.
The group home was mentioned in a 2021 TV-documentary on the Danish TV2 called “Nødråb fra børnehjemmet” (Emergency call from the orphanage).
It could not have been fun to be there as a child.
- Rystet efter overgreb mod børn på Kikhøj – nu står to vikarer frem med deres historie (TV2 Øst – In Danish language)
- Lukning af Kikhøj ankes ikke (Holbæk Kommune – In Danish language)
- Skarp kritik lukker botilbud (Sjællandske Nyheder – In Danish language)
- Rystet efter overgreb mod børn på Kikhøj : ‘Rædselsfuldt’ (BT – In Danish language)
Wolf Creek Academy or Harbor Oaks Boarding School is located in North Carolina.
In 2010 the facility was involved in a lawsuit. It is not clear where the therapists are trained but to see “demons” following the clients to be treated seem kind of strange. On former detainee at the facility wrote in a comment to a blog:
I was in Harbor Oaks for 8 months
and I can defenitly beleive alot of this stuff
I got better but not from the help of anyone else it was just a choice I made, no counseling session did anything for me, actually one time my counselor said that she could see “demons” following me!!!!!! Everytime a student would tell their parents something bad about the school,l ike how they were touched wrong by the staff, or the expired food, when they would calll the office they would just be lied to then the students would get into trouble. If i had enouph patience to sit here and say everything wrong this school has done to its students i would be here alll dayformer student ()
Another former student wrote:
I went there two years ago and it ruined my life, it got me to start drugs, drinking, cutting, ect. at age 13. I ending up trying to commit sucide a few months later due to the damage it has done to me. I was tramized, i was scared to go to the bathroom and leave my bed. I only got to see my theripist if i asked to. I was put on sucide watch for 2 weeks and they didnt even watch me, let me do the same thing as the other girls. it was complete and utter bullshit. they lied about everything and told my parents we got to use the internet and contact friends, lies, we could talk to parents maybe 15 mins a week on a supervised phone call. The staff could end the phone call or deyn you your phone call if they wanted to, one of the staff while i was there got fired for watching some of the girls in thier underwear. Also the food was digustion. It was always expired, and begin a vegaterian, i was forced to skip meals sometimes because i refused to eat the meat. Id write a hell of a lot more if i had the time though. But parents, please DONT send your child here.Old student from 2 years ago ()
Over all it does not sound like a fun place to be as a teenager.
- Wolf Creek Academy (HEAL-online information about the facility)
- Bonham et al v. Wolf Creek Academy et al (Justia)
- 78 thoughts on “Breaking Sue Scheff News From ISACcorp.org: Harbor Oaks and Sue Scheff” (Sue Scheff Truth)
Carmel College was founded in 1948 and closed in 1997. It was intended as a Jewish alternative to the traditional English boarding schools based on so-called Christian values. While successful in giving many young children a good education, it also allowed a now convicted Housemaster and French teacher to prey on the children in the years between 1968 and 1988. The children often lonely and far away from their support-network and families were easy victims.
It could not have been fun to be a teenager victimized by this person.
- Dark Modernism : the forgotten story of an abandoned Jewish boarding school (Explorabilia – Alternative Travel Experiences – blog)
- Carmel College sex abuse: Victim speaks of childhood ordeal (BBC)
- Acclaimed composer tells of sexual abuse at Carmel College (The Guardian)
The Salesian College located in Sunbury, Victoria, Australia was founded in 1929. In the 1970’s and up to some point in the 1990’s various forms of abuse took place on the hands of some of the employees. A number of persons were convicted.
It is safe to say that it could not have been fun to be there as a teenager while the abuse took place.
- Justice four decades later (The Adviser)
- After 42 years, two victims expose the church’s cover-up (Broken Rites Australia)
- Extra jail time for rapist ex-priest who assaulted boy at summer camp (The Age Australia)