Himmelbjerggården is a facility located near Ry in Denmark. It houses children and teenagers which need treatment for various issues. Around 2014 they accepted a 15 year old boy despite not being able to handle the teenager. As result of this decision an employee was raped. Before this tragedy the facility had been ordered to upgrade their security but at the night of the rape the phones were not working and due to the remote location no cell phones will work in the area.
The boy was sentenced to two years and 6 months in prison. In an earlier trial he was sentenced for an assault on another resident at the facility.
It cannot be fun to be there as a teenager if the security is not in order and the employees are not trained to handle the issues the teenagers are sent there to be treated for.
- 15-årig voldtog nattevagt på døgninstitution: Ingen hjælp – telefonerne virkede ikke (Lokalavisen)
- Dreng dømmes for voldtægt af nattevagt på institution (Ekstra Bladet)
- Voldtægt af nattevagt trods påbud om mere sikkerhed (Danmarks Radio)
338. John de la Howe School
What would be the typical outcome being placed at a facility like John de la Howe School in South Carolina? An article published about one of the former students – Robert Lamb – high school sports star, college and professional football player shows a life marred by addiction. It was a life where things had to be made up to explain the placement at the school. A life based on a lie.
Recent articles also tells something about the things the students were exposed to. A former employee had an improper relationship with a student. Another employee showed pornographic material to the students according to an article in the local media.
Their wilderness program was closed due to unheated conditions the so-called students had to endure
- Questions survive even after Lamb dies (The State)
- Former school counselor accused of lewd act on student (WRDW news)
337. Carolina Springs Academy
Carolina Springs Academy was one of the largest facilities in the WWASP chain. It was founded in 1998. It destroyed the lives of many teenagers before it closed in 2009.
The owner has some kind of protect agreement which for many years allowed them to operate without interfearence.
After the closure the owner has tried to reopen the facility under different names using parts of his family to pose as students.
It didn’t sound like it was a fun place to be as a teenager.
- (Grandparents testimony about their experience with this boarding school)
- A stay at Carolina Springs Academy (From: CAICA)
- Greg at Carolina Springs Academy (From:antiwwasp.us)
336. Kidspeace, Pennsylvania
The facility Kidspeace located Pennsylvania is known for a death and low number of employees which allows the teenagers and young adults to get violent.
Such an environment can not benefit anyone and it makes it safe to state that it cannot be fun to be there as a teenager.
- Girl who OD’d at KidsPeace dies (The Morning Call)
- Woman allegedly choked another at KidsPeace in North Whitehall Township (Lehigh Valley Live)
- North Whitehall: Assault reported at Kids Peace (The Morning Call)
335. PA Child Care
It is difficult to tell how it is to be locked inside PA Child Care, which is a juvenile detention center in Pennsylvania, but a number of teenagers didn’t deserve to be there. They only ended up at the facility because the owners paid judges to get more inmates.
It makes it safe to state that it is not fun to be locked up at a juvenile detention center like PA Child Care if you did not do anything wrong.
- PA Child Care (Wikipedia)
334. Summit Quest Academy
Summit Quest Academy closed in 2009. Today it is best remembered for being the facility where James White died in 2005 and Giovanni Joey Aletriz died in 2006.
Later there was a case where an employee had an improper relationship with one of the teenagers.
It didn’t sound like a fun place to be as a teenager.
- James White – 2005 (Today a child died memorial blog)
- About (Giovanni Joey Aletriz memorial page)
- Police: Aide had sexual contact with patient (Lancaster Online)
333. Teen Challenge Adventure Ranch
The Teen Challenge Adventure Ranch located in Morrow, Arkansas is part of a huge network. According to articles it has a nasty reputation.
The facility does not only market themselves as a cure against drugs and alcohol intake. According to articles they also involve themselves in “treating” religious issues and sexual orientation. “Pray the gay away” is one term used. “Perfecting” Jews is another.
Articles state that suicide attempts are rarely reported. Articles also mentions that treatment devices issues for the children like an inhaler were withheld from the children.
It does not sound a fun place to be as a teenager. Especially if you live by values not shared with the employees.
- Thousands of children violently abused by troubled teen programs (The Orato World)
- On ‘Perfecting’ the Jews (Newsweek)
- My nightmare at Teen Challenge Adventure Ranch in Morrow, Arkansas. (Reddit Trouble Teens forum)
332. Concept House
A boy sought help for his emotional problems and was admitted to Concept house in Miami, Florida.
It didn’t help him. He was found dead hanging not a full day after being signed in. He died in the hospital.
To be forced to live away from your home is surely one thing but not to get help either it is tough. I cannot be fun to be there as a teenager.
- Parents sue over son’s hanging a day into his stay at center (Miami Herald)
331. White Shield Center, Portland
If you was a young pregnant teenager being referred to White Shield Center you knew that you was about to lose. The next generation in your family would never learn about you. Your child would be adopted to some strange family growing up never learning where they came from.
You would know that you had to carry a emotional wound for the rest of your life.
It was a place for grief. It was a place for loss.
It didn’t sound like a fun place to be as a teenager.
The organization continues to run a counseling service for young teenagers. It is currently under investigation by HEAL-online.
- Alexandra Avenue Bridge (Cyclotram)
- The White Sheild Project (Site focusing about reuniting moms and children)
330. Chandraprabha Charitable Trust
The Chandraprabha Charitable Trust in Karjat City, India was in the news based on the poor treatment of the underprivileged children they were supposed to take care off. Some of the children were forced to eat feces when they broke the rules of the boarding school.
The police made a number of arrests. The case is still under investigation.
It is safe to say that it could not have been fun to be a child at this facility.
- Children Raped and Forced to Eat Feces in Boarding School for Disadvantaged Children (Sharia Unveiled)
- SAME SORDID STORY (Mumbai Mirror)