It is a kind of funny diagnose. It was actually something people saw as a prank, but as always when there is money to make on curing people of a “decease”, you bet the doctors will start to label the patients.
How do you cure Internet Addiction? According to Chinese doctors who were the first to enter this area, electric shock, hard exercise, corporal punishment and various drugs is the answer.
For 14 year old Yao Jian the cure led to his death. Tianhai Boot Camp School does not sound like a fun place to be for a teenager.
His parents were awarded 350,000 yuan (US$51,000) in compensation but that does not ease their pain.
- Payout over teen’s boot camp tragedy (China.org.cn)
- Internet addiction disorder (Wikipedia)
- Datasheet about the boot camp (Fornits Wiki)
Over touchy security officers looking for a fight is never fun.
At Elk River Wilderness Challenge or The Pinnacle Schools as they also are called a report came last year of a very aggressive security officer.
It doesn’t sound like very much fun there, so they are on the list.
- Pinnacle Schools security officer investigated for assaulting student (Private Officer Breaking News blog)
- Factsheet of the facility (Fornits Wiki)
It is a dayschool in the Danish town Fredericia so the children are not fored to live there. Blowjob is fine (I am a male) but I guess that I don’t want to learn how to do it from my teacher. Also it has been reported that the emontional challenge of attending school there is so challenging that students have ended up on welfare even before they had their first job.
So that is why it has been put on this list.
Most of the headlines about this place are in Danish language but you are free to Google-translate them. It is not a fun place to spend time as a teenager.
- Secrets at Cartolic dayschool in Denmark about to be revealed (Blog entry from Domestic prisoners of conscience)
- Factsheet about this school (Fornits Wiki)
- 10-årig elev: Læreren underviste os i blowjob (BT – in Danish language)
- Minister ind i sag om katolsk skole (BT – in Danish language)
Down in Utah there was a lot of problems with a boarding school called Whitmore Academy. The same owners also owned this program in Canada. If it was anything like the one in Utah it has to be combined with very little fun to live there.
Factsheet about the program (Fornits Wiki)