The facility was also mentioned as Christian Life Academy. It was located near Hattiesburg in Mississippi.
Its was yet another so-called Christian boarding school involving yet another police investigation. It became yet another example of a place where they used violence as corporal punishment is against teenagers.
A lawsuit which was settled mentioned cases where a Reverend allegedly paddled pregnant teens and detained a 19-year-old against her will. It is mentioned that a girl died while trying to escape the facility in 1980.
After the closure of the program, the manager Reverend Bob Wills went on the establish Mountain Park Baptist Boarding Academy, which closed after 2 students murdered another to escape the horrible conditions at the Missouri boarding school.
Fortunately no teenagers can be tormented there anymore as the campus burned down.
It could not have been fun to live there as a teenager.
- BAPTIST ‘BOOT CAMPS’ IN NEED OF WATCHFUL EYES (BAPTIST TALIBAN and beyond)
- HOME’S EX-INMATES TELL OF BEATINGS (The New York Times)
- Insiders Tell of Boarding School Past and Present (St. Louis Post-Dispatch – Cult Education Institute)
- Baptist Boarding Schools Close in Missouri, Florida (Unmarried America – about the closure of the school in Missouri)
- Connie Irene Munson – 1980 (Today a child died memorial blog)