The Children’s Village located in Dobbs Ferry, New York since 1901 has a dark evil past which is now about to be revealed. It was named New York Juvenile Asylum before. Many lawsuits concerning alleged sexual abuse have emerged. Investigation into the matter is still ongoing here in 2021.
The facility has existed since 1851. More recent cases shows that there had been problems as late as in 2006.
Some acts of abuse were made by former employees, others by former children placed at the facility and the management did according to the lawsuit not address the problems.
It could not have been fun to be placed there as a child.
The Green Meadow Waldorf School become center of a scandal involving an investigation into sexual abuse which where not investigated by anyone at the time it took place. The school also became involved in a lawsuit where it severed ties with a teacher rumored to have child porn in his possession.
It could not have been fun to be there as a teenager in the past.
After former students came forward, the Emma Willard School asked for a report into the past. It revealed several cases where the students were not secured properly.
To make matter worse, the local laws did not require schools to report abuse conducted against their students.
It cannot be fun to be there as a teenager.
- Emma Willard report reveals history of sexual misconduct (The Times Union)
- SPECIAL REPORT: Loopholes Allow Private Schools to Avoid Reporting Abuse. Will Cuomo Fix It? (Spectrum News)
- Decades of sexual abuse revealed at Emma Willard (The Daily Gazette)
The Trinity-Pawling School is mentioned in a lawsuit and on websites of law-firms looking for clients who could hire them to sue the school for a small fee.
A former Trinity-Pawling student accuses teacher, priest of sexual abuse in lawsuit.
It could not have been fun to be there as a teenager.
- Former Trinity-Pawling student accuses teacher, priest of sexual abuse in lawsuit (Pough Keepsie Journal)
- Trinity-Pawing School named in sex abuse lawsuit (News Break)
The Gow School came to the attention of the media when alleged victims of abuse stepped forward and ended what was silence after the alleged rapes conducted by an English teacher. Stress due to the alleged rape has meant difficulties for the victims to move forward in life.
The school made their own investigation instead of handing the matter over the police. The school concluded that the circumstances no longer were present in 2002. However the incidents, the former students made aware off, took place before this year.
So it could have been likely that the abuse took place and that is why it is odd that the school chooses to investigate a later period.
It could not have been fun to be there as a teenager back in the 1990’s
The Horace Mann School was investigated due to a number of cases involving employees having various kinds of sexual interactions with their students.
The school claims that protocols to prevent future cases have been put in place. However it does not change the past. Back then it could not have been fun to be there as a teenager.
- The Dark Hallways of Horace Mann (The Atlantic)
- An extraordinary story of alleged sex abuse of students at elite private school over decades (The Washington Post)
Searching the Internet for old cases, our investigation team found:
STATE OF DELAWARE DEPARTMENT OF SERVICES FOR CHILDREN, YOUTH AND THEIR FAMILIES, PLAINTIFF,
CEDARS ACADEMY, NEAL SWARTZ AND MARY PAUER, DEFENDANTS
In the text, we found:
On May 16, Mr. Grier spoke with Carol Yetter of United Way, who informed Mr. Grier of various complaints of child abuse against Neal Swartz, relating to actions taken by Mr. Swartz during his employment as director of the Academy of New Horizons and Camp New Horizons in Rye, New York. *fn1 That same day, Mr. Grier spoke to Paul Richer of the New York Commission for Quality of Care for the Mentally Disabled, who confirmed that such agency had investigated allegations of child abuse at New Horizons, and that those allegations had focused on the activities of Mr. Swartz. However, due to the confidentiality requirements of New York State concerning the investigation, Mr. Richer could not provide Mr. Grier with any further information. A “serious complaint form” was prepared by Mr. Grier or a subordinate on May 18, indicating, among other things, the facts described above.
The persons investigated ran a facility also mentioned in this blog called Cedars Academy for a number of years before they sold it to Aspen Education Group which ran it for a number of years before Aspen Education Group were hit by a backlash from former participants in their programs.
It could not have been fun to be there as a teenager.
- STATE OF DELAWARE DEPARTMENT OF SERVICES FOR CHILDREN, YOUTH AND THEIR FAMILIES, PLAINTIFF, v. CEDARS ACADEMY, NEAL SWARTZ AND MARY PAUER, DEFENDANTS (Find a case webpage)
- Abuse: Allegations dog school owners (The News Journal, Wilmington, Delaware)
- Gonzales; Torture Overseas Compared to, Cedars Academy/Aspen (Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora)
Nichols School is located in Buffalo, New York.
An investigation is ongoing as it has been revealed that several teachers had improper relationships with students.
It cannot be fun to attend this school and not get the special attention of the teachers if you want it. It also cannot be fun to attend this school if you get special attention from the teachers and you do not want it.
- Nichols probe: Loophole doesn’t require private schools to report sexual misconduct (Buffalo News)
- ‘I was an immature girl with a crush’: Woman reveals how she had sex with her physics teacher, 48, when she was just 17 at exclusive $22,000 a year prep school where TEN teachers have been accused of sexual misconduct (The Daily Mail)
- TEN TEACHERS AT PRIVATE SCHOOL HAD ‘IMPROPER’ RELATIONSHIPS WITH STUDENTS OVER DECADES (News Week)
It is one of the oldest treatment homes of its kind in the area. However the residents are concerned about riots. Decades ago one boy killed another. It does not seem that the supervision has improved since leaving a possibility that other families might suffer the same tragedy.
It cannot be fun to be there as a child – neighter being neighbor to the facility.
- Boy, 13, Held in Killing of Boy, 12, at School for the Troubled (The New York Times)
- Rough Sex Led to Boy’s Death, Officer Says (The New York Times)
- Plea bargain for teen who killed boy (UPI)
- Two Teens Arrested Following Large Riot At Pleasantville Cottage School (Pleasantville Daily Voice)
Success Academy Hudson Yards Middle School is a charter school located in Manhattan. Lately criticism has been raised about the school being run as a boot camp. If success demands a boot camp it is better not having success.
All over the world the results of over-ambitious school systems and parents are seen and it is measured in suicides and mental breakdowns.
Whatever success achieved at Eva Moskowitz mockery of a school it is simply too hard-earned. It cannot be fun to be there as a teenager.
- Parents slam charter boss for ‘boot camp’ discipline at Manhattan school (My Daily News)
- At a Success Academy Charter School, Singling Out Pupils Who Have ‘Got to Go’ (The New York Times)