Grace Road Church is run by a woman from South Korea. She has detained a number of followers on Fiji. There they are forced to work all day long preparing them for alleged disasters to come. Members are encouraged to inflict violence against family members.
There are no real schooling for the children. It cannot be fun to be a child in that environment.
- ‘I lost my entire family to a cult’: How one woman escaped Grace Road (BBC News)
- South Korean ‘cult’ leader arrested after congregation ‘trapped and beaten’ on Fiji (The Telegraph)
- Korean Community in Fiji raise concerns over Grace Road Church saga (Fiji Broadcasting Commission)
Aggressive Christianity Missions Training Corps has been the center of an investigation and a trial against members of the cult is about to start. A father reported his son missing and the search for the son led to the discovery of his grave.
Further investigation showed use of forced labor and no real schooling in a quality which would allow the children to function in a modern world.
It could not have been fun to be there as a child.
This very alternative school was located first in California, then in Mexico until the started ended its time in Guatemala.
They used an alternative curriculum and the children attending the school were basically isolated in an environment organized like a cult.
The school closed in the 1990’s and both founders are now dead. It looks like a bad place to be as a student.
An isolated small community run by German immigrants were for decades a terrible place to grow up. People were not allowed to live as families. If the parents were against the government they were tortured and the children adopted into new families.
All controlled by a former priest which ended his days in prison after first having escaped Germany accused of abuse. He took control of this small community and turned it into a cult protected by the government in Chile. Electro shock and other kind of turture were used.
The government changed and the police raided the community in 2005. The priest tried to escape abroad but were caught and sentenced to prison where he died after having served 6 years of a 20 years sentence. He got off easy.
It could not have been fun to be there as teenager, while the priest were in charge.
A good movie called Colonia has been made about this community.
- What happened in Colonia? Inside the terrifying Nazi cult that inspired Emma Watson’s new film (The Telegraph)
- Colonia Dignidad: A Secret Nazi Cult Hidden In The Mountains Of Chile (All day)
- How I survived Chile’s torture commune run by Pinochet’s paedophile Nazi pal (The Mirror)
- Cplonia (movie)0 (Wikipedia)
The Danish organization Tvind, which is under investigation by the authorities while their manager is wanted by Interpol, also has a department in United Kingdom called The Red House.
The authrorities in the United Kingdom use is because it is cheaper than a secure unit without doing proper supervision to ensure that the stay benefits the children in the care of The Red House. It is unclear if the involved social workers are fooled or they receive kick-backs.
The children are used as child labor benefitting the for-profit so-called humanitarian unit also run by the Tvind organization.
They are also exposed to damaging group pressure.
It cannot be fun to be there as a teenager.
- He needed school, not a safari (The Independent)
- ‘Problem’ youth to sue over cult school (Reprint from the Observer found on the Cult Education website)
- School of Thought: Cruel mind games – Inside the World of a cult (Religion news blog)