The boarding school was founded in 1565 as a a boarding school for “sons of noble and other honest men”. It was a male-only boarding school until 1960 for day-students and since 1985 for the students attending the boarding school.
The students wear uniforms. There are special uniforms for Half Galla and Full Galla.
Over the years the prefect rule has been modified due to criticism. Older students spoke of a very strict ruleset being controlled by the prefects. Also the sleeping quaters has been the focus of the authorities. On several occasions students have been charged with rape. Only in one case was a student convicted. Numerous cases of bullying has been reported to the media and there have been produced a number of documentaries about the boarding school. The student body is for a large part been put together by children of the most wealthy families in Denmark. Lately even the Royal House of Denmark has sent students to the school but in wake of the revelations of the alleged abuse the Royal house of Denmark cut their ties with the school
Being victim of bullying and in some case attempted rape makes it safe to conclude that it not always can be fun to be there as a student.
- Vold, grov mobning og seksuelle krænkelser – nu står flere Herlufsholm-elever frem (TV2 Nyhederne – in Danish language)
- Mary Fonden kalder krænkelser på Herlufsholm for “chokerende” (TV2 Nyhederne – in Danish language)
- Rystende detaljer: ‘Normalt’ med finger i numsen (Ekstra-Bladet)
- Wild Revelations About Herlufsholm: ‘It Is Almost A Sadistic Culture’ (Shkmgmcnuh)
- Prince Christian set to attend tough boarding school (MSN)
- Psychologist Deeply Shaken By Herlufsholm Documentary: ‘It’s All Out In The Hemp’ (Shkmgmcnuh)
- Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik remove son Prince Christian from school amid bullying scandal (Honey)
913. Unnamed boarding school in Fiji
Various articles speak of corporal punishment and stripping students naked and rubbing them with chillies in their mouth and private parts.
Also on a named boarding schools there were incidents with runaways and bullying.
It seems that the island country has lost control with their educational sector. If you know the name of the boarding school where the students underwent inhume treatment by the assistant principal, please note it in the comments below.
It does not sound like a good environment to receive teaching in for a teenager.
- Human Rights Commission investigates corporal punishment case at a boarding school (Fiji Village)
- Boarding school assault: PM sickened and outraged while the Education Ministry stresses zero-tolerance on violence in school (Fiji Village)
- Students of a boarding school reported missing (FBC News)
- Fiji police investigate beating of child at boarding school (RNZ News)
908. Loretto School
Founded in 1827 over the recent years the school has been known in the public for its past consisting with incidents of both bullying and sexual abuse. The present school management has apologized for past managements failures to protect students.
Past managements not only failed to protect the students but also provided good job references to teachers who had committed incident act which must be regarded as a double failure.
- School apologises for giving good job reference to sexual predator teacher (The Argus)
- NEIL MACKAY’S BIG READ: Boarding school survivors reveal their horrific stories of childhood abuse in ‘MeToo’ moment (The Herald)
- ‘It is deeply troubling. I’m not sure I’ve fully processed it’ – Loretto School head tells child abuse inquiry (Edinburgh News)
- Beatings, bullying and paedophile teachers are ‘a potion for private schoolkids of the British elite’ (The Daily Record)
878. 220i leadership program
In year 2021 several media sources began to broadcast information about abuse going on in this program which is marketed as a leadership program for youth if the youth have values in choice of life partner and other similar areas. Then the teenagers are bullied by the employees.
It does not sound like a fun place to be as a teenager.
- This church program is accused of abusing teens with extreme ‘boot camps,’ ‘fight nights’ and shame (NBC News)
- Leaders of a Louisiana megachurch ‘forced teens on $5k Christian leadership program to exercise until they were sick, used homophobic and racist slurs and shot them with paintball guns from golf carts’ (The Daily Mail)
- A megachurch’s ministry program used inappropriate tactics to ‘train’ teens, ex-interns say (Yahoo News)
- Christian boot camp accused of ‘abuse’ and ‘targeting Black and LGBT+ teens’ (Pink News)
821. Windermere School
Windermere School is a boarding school founded in 1863. The price tag for a stay of a child is around 30,000 pounds per year. Unfortunately the price tag is no guarantee for a quality and supportive stay at the school. In 2020 a 14-year-old boy died after intense bullying. One example is that his his classmates smeared faeces on his pillow.
Short to say that it cannot be fun to be there as a student.
- Bullied boy, 14, at £30,000-a-year boarding school took his own life after his classmates smeared faeces on his pillow, an inquest heard (The Daily Mail)
- Boy, 14, killed himself after boarding school bullies smeared faeces on his pillow (Metro UK)
- (The Izzy Dix Anti Bullying Memorial Group)
799. U.S. Jones Elementary School
The story of the suicide of a 9-year-old girl touched me very much because I know why we were allowed to use the Egedal SEO system on this blog.
A kindergarten teacher who was an alcoholic which the Danish police thankfully pulled off the road and another teacher who was a bully created an environment where a child of creator the SEO system was hurt so bad that the now adult life consist of a battle against depression, post-traumatic stress disorder and Schizoaffective disorder, which means that the person is alive despite the Egedal Schools failure to intervene against bullies – adults and kids.
However the story could have ended as tragic as it was the case with 9-year-old Mckenzie Adams. This poor girl was called a numerous number of things, some even things which would have led to a criminal case and conviction if the statements were made by an adult.
No school in the entire world should let bullying pass. People should be allowed to see themselves as beautiful regardless of how others see them. Freedom of speech does not mean obligation to speech against other people based alone of how you see them. If you do not like certain people do simply not speak to them unless it has a professional purpose and then remain professional sticking to whatever task which is needed to be completed alone.
It cannot be fun to be a child at the U.S. Jones Elementary in Demopolis City, Alabama
Mckenzie Adams’ suicide caused by school’s failure to stop racist, sexist bullying, lawsuit claims (AL.com)
319. Scindia School in Gwalior district of Madhya Pradesh, India
Suicide attempts and cover-ups are the first things popping up when you google this school. It is safe to state that it cannot be fun to be there as a teenager.
- Two students wanted to commit suicide over bullying at Scindia School (The Times of India)
- Union minister wants swift probe, parents launch protests against Scindia School (The Times of India)
301. Farrer Memorial Agricultural High School, Australia
The Farrer Memorial Agricultural High School was founded in 1939. It is located in Calala, New South Wales, Australia. In 2018 there was about 580 students.
At the school a “sack” system where older students were given too much power too soon resulted in massive punishment and bullying of smaller students.
Corporal punishment became the norm.
The school administration didn’t bother.
It is safe to state that it wasn’t fun to be a teenager at this school.
- Teachers ‘ignored bullied boy’s pleas’ (The Sydney Morning Herald)
- School of hard knocks still follows tradition, say parents (The Sydney Morning Herald)
- Bullying victim washed in bleach, court told (Brisbane Times)
- Bullied high school student wins NSW law suit (ABC Australia)
- Bullied student will get compensation from state of NSW (The Daily Telegraph)
165. Lundsberg – Sweden
2011 it was reported that new students at the elite boarding school Lundsberg faced a number of ordeals among them to have a broom-stick with a condom on forced up into their rear. 2013 a student ended up in hospital with severe burns.
The department of education in Sweden closed the school on August 28, 2013. The parent group who are rich and not very much into emotional issues as they want to educate the leaders of tomorrow who needs to be those kind of persons who can fire an employee so they go home and commit suicide so they are not rehired by a competitor managed make their influence couting. The school has been reopened September 2013 and it back with business as usual.
It does not sound like a fund place to be student if you are a teenager. In fact it does not sound it is fun to be a student there at all.
- ’Vi blev slagna hela tiden’ (Aftonbladet)
- Elev bränd vid nollning på Lundsberg (Metro)
- Veckans kris: Lundsberg internatskola (Krisinstitutet)
164. Grennaskolan – Sweden
A male student was abuse by other students. As result of the investigation the department of education in Sweden made a report with 20 pages where the school was critized for it lacking policy against bullying and handling of the security of the new students.
It is safe to state that it is not fun to be a teenager at Grennaskolan – at least until you are a senior where you gain the right to bully others.
Sources (In Swedish language):
- Blev misshandlad och kränkt – får skadestånd (Jnytt)
- Åtal för misshandel på Grennaskolan (Sveriges Radio)
While you are reading, just a word
This blog is made by Danes. The contents is based on our values. If you get offended, it is not our problem.
However, we will just make you aware about that we Danes also suffer. Thanks to private parking firms like Europark / Apcoa and others, we have very little free movement in our country. Some gets fine while getting treated at hospitals or visiting their children while they are treated and as result most Danes then postpone treatment until it in some cases are too late.
Yes. What you can read on these pages are gruesome and evil, but just bear in mind that an entire population thanks to the above firms are treated even worse to such an extend that you properly will never find anything like this all over the Earth.
- Being transported: About the use of youth transport services – articles and client testimonies
- Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora: Internet message board
- Just another hike: About wilderness programs – articles and students testimonies
- Places that changed people (Testimonial blog) Various testimonies from teenagers who believe that a stay at a certain place changed their lives
- Tales from the black school: Boarding student testimonies
- Teen Asylums: Photo gallery of various teen warehouses.
- When far from home: Client testimonies – rehabs, boarding schools and other programs
- June 2023
- May 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
Troubled Teen News
Teen Asylums on Pinterest
Fornits Wiki is under update
Fornits Wiki, which is used as source for many blog-entries are in service mode.
The pages can also be found on secretprisonforteens.dk which is a backup of the original wiki-database.