Magleby Skolecenter (Magleby School Center) which is a treatment center with ties to the Tvind organization. They won a vendor about housing and treat children with autismn based on a cheap price level. Professionals and experts in autismn are concerned about lack of trained employees. The treatment center also have foreign volunteers filling in for the untrained employees.
Denmarks Radio covered Tvind October 2017. It was revealed that Magleby also takes children in with other issues, even criminal convictions.
It cannot be fun to be at this group home as a child if the child suffers from a mental issue which demands high skilled employees and the group home cannot provide it.
Tvind: Skolecenter ufrivilligt i vælten (Sjællandske Nyheder)
Småskolen ved Nakkebølle is a group home in Denmark. A television program revealed that the management had connections to the people behind Tvind which is a company which used to control a number of boarding schools. Now Tvind has built an empire of group homes and treatment centers all over Denmark.
Denmarks Radio broadcasted two TV-programs October 2017 showing that the employees were untrained and the youth not screened before they were sent to the group homes which resulted in poor treatment and even violence against the teenagers and employees.
Some of the employees were even foreigners with no knowledge about what it take to treat the teenagers who suffer from various mental issues.
It cannot be fun to live there.
- Tvind Alert (Info page about Tvind)
- Teachers Group: The cult-like group linked to a charity that gets UK aid (BBC)
- Denmark’s Tvind (BBC)
Just because a beercan was found near students at a game in which students from Randolph High School participated, Superintendent Jennifer Fano decided to demand testing of 75 students.
It is difficult to say why a society choose to see alcohol among teenagers as a problem. Sidelining it with drug use is absurd. Alcohol establish a social circle. It is something which brings the students together. In a world where all it takes is for a student to be isolated with a computer watching videos from ISIS aiming at radikalizing the student before we risk bombing or shooting at the school, the very least you want as a Superintendent is a practice which encourage students to remain isolated at home risking them to become a terrorist.
It happened with the Kundby girl in Denmark who was 15 years of age before the police discovered plans of bombing several schools. It has happened to many teenagers who left countries in Europe to join ISIS. Some even returned trained to run people down in the streets or stab them during suicide missions in shopping centers.
If ISIS does not get them, then they sometime join youth gangs. In Denmark a gang war is ongoing and foreign embassies including the Embassy of United States in Denmark now warns tourists walking the streets of Copenhagen so they can avoid being shot down.
When the age limit for alcohol consumption was raised to 21 in the United States, there was no Internet. There was no risk if students isolated themselves at home instead of partying. There was even a future for them. Jobs were not moved out of the country to Mexico and the Eastern parts of Europe. There is fewer lowpaid manual jobs so if you do not have parents who are loaded so they can finance your study the future is not looking bright. What is left then than partying or killing time in front of the computer.
Superintendent Jennifer Fano should have realized that the laws are outdated. In Denmark we do. Teenagers aged 16 can gather in the number of several thousand drinking massive amounts of alcohol without anyone getting killed.
They cannot do it where Superintendent Jennifer Fano is in charge. It cannot be fun to study at this school.
- Dozens of NJ High School Students Ordered to Get Blood, Urine Tests After Beer Can Flies From Bleachers at Football Game (NBC New York)
- Danish 16-year-old girl who was arrested for possessing explosives shortly after converting to Islam had planned to bomb Jewish and public schools, police reveal (The Daily Mail)
- Sober students more likely to drop out (Uniavisen)
AMIkids Sand Hills is a wilderness styled youth prison located in South Carolina. The teenagers are sent there by local courts. In november 2015 a boy died while serving his time. Articles suggest that lack of supervision made place for gang related rituals which led to the death of the boy.
It is not supposed to be fun to be there as a teenager because it is a punishment. However it is doubtful that the courts had the thought that the punishment should include death.
- Into the wilderness: Secretive South Carolina camps come under scrutiny following teen’s death (The Post and Courier)
- What’s the deal with DJJ’s secret wilderness camps? (COLA today)
The facility also known as Coffee Creek Center or Olympia Kiwanis Boys Ranch is under investigation due to actions, which took place when the facility was in operation between 1971 and 1994. Numerous lawyers have seen the opertunity to be part in lawsuits.
However it would have been better if the authorities had been allowed to interfere when the place was in operation so some of the children could have avoided their experience. It could not have been fun to be there as a teenager.
- Pervasive and Systematic Abuse at the Kiwanis Vocational Home (KVH or Coffee Creek Center) and the Olympia Kiwanis Boys Ranch (OKBR): Were You a Group Home Victim? (PCVA Law firm)
- Kiwanis Vocational Home: While Abuse Claims Were Muted, Financial Problems at the Home Were Well-Known (Lewis County Watch)
- Sexual Abuse, Fraud and Negligence Alleged at Closed Centralia Home for Boys (The Chronlicle)
The Adams Memorial Junior High School also known as Adams Memorial Middle School which is now closed has been the center of a recent investigation due to possible child abuse conducted in 1970’s.
A school custodian used his job to lure on the boys when they were in the showers. Some boys were also invited to the school during the holidays when the school was closed. The abuser confirmed his actions and told investigators that he lost his job as result of his actions.
However strangely enough there are no records showing how he lost his job. The abuse was not reported. The questions remain: Who covered up the incidents? Why was there not a police investigation as result of his loss of his job? If he got fired because of his improper relationship to the boys, other employees and his manager should have reported him.
It cannot be fun to have been there being a victim of the school custodian actions.
- Dark secrets surface: Two boys, now men, claim abuse by school custodian in the 1970s (The Berkshire Eagle)
- 5 more come forward claiming sexual abuse from former Adams Memorial Junior High custodian (The Berkshire Eagle)
- ‘Did this community lose a generation of boys?’ Victims unable to report abuse, suffered alone for decades (The Berkshire Eagle)
- Sexual Abuse by Adams School Custodian Comes to Light After Decades (Fogelman Law Firm)
A boy ended up in a hospital where he is unlikely to ever recover. His mother seeks answers and while the management of the group home state that they will coorparate none seems interested in finding out why the boy will most likely die from his condition. A former assault on the same boy was not reported, so there are real questions which demand answers.
It cannot be fun to be at this group home, when answers are not given when children are hurt.
This problem is currently under investigation in Canada but could sadly apply to Jehovah’s Witnesses in other countries too. The problem is that the religion allows a parallel court system to function instead of involving the police from the very start and let them investigate when sexual child abuse occur.
The children should be allowed to report their abusers to the police. They should be allowed to get real justice and see that their abusers go to prison. This religion robs the children of justice.
It cannot be fun to be part of what we will call a cult as long as they do not give up their internal court system and bring conflicts to the official courts to be solved.
When Marland School was a private run incidents took place which now years later has resulted in conviction of Steven John Joyce. He uses his position as “House parent” to groom on boys who lived at the school.
After an appeal his sentence was set to 14 years.
It could not have been fun to be there as a teenager when he was house parent.
- Paedophile who abused boys at boarding school has his sentence DOUBLED (The Plymouth Herald)
- Ex boarding school worker faces jail for abuse of boys at Devon school (Boarding Concern)
The Children’s Receiving Home in Sacramento has since 2012 been investigated by the authorities. Among the points of interest in the investigation were poorly trained staff, mishandled medications and filthy dorms.
An employee had an improper relationship with a child. The dorms continue to be filthy to such a degree that the inspectors cannot stand how it smells inside the dorms when they inspect the facility.
Still it remains in operation.
We are asking. How much should it take before such places are closed down?
It cannot be fun to be there as a child.
- Numerous violations cited at Sacramento foster care shelter campus (The Sanfrancisco Chronicle)
- Children’s Receiving Home of Sacramento target of civil suit after former counselor convicted of sex with client (The Sacramento Bee)
- Children’s Receiving Home counselor accused of sex acts with minor (KCRA news)
- Children’s Receiving Home Opens Doors After State Foster Care Complaints (CBS news)