911. Green Hill School
Green Hill School is a youth prison located in Chehalis, Washington. Back in the 1970’s incidents took place which punished the children beyond the sentences, the courts had issued upon them.
A investigation was launched into the incidents and it has resulted in a number of convictions.
More recently it seems that the security of the facility has been undermined by actions of some of the employees, which is under investigation as of 2021. Smuggling of items to the detainees has led to other employees to state that they do not feel safe. Acts of violence between the detainees has also taken place.
It could not have been fun to be there as a teenager.
- Former Green Hill School Employee Sentenced in Relation to Sexual Misconduct at Chehalis Facility (The Chronicle)
- THE GREEN HILL SCHOOL IN CHEHALIS, WASHINGTON, ISN’T REALLY A SCHOOL AT ALL. IT’S A JUVENILE DETENTION FACILITY FOR MEDIUM- AND MAXIMUM-SECURITY JUVENILE OFFENDERS. (Pfau Cochran Vertetis Amala)
- WA agrees to settle lawsuit about abuse at Green Hill School juvenile facility (KIRO 7 News)
- Former staffer at juvenile detention facility indicted for accepting bribes for smuggling contraband into facility (Department of Justice U.S. Attorney’s Office Western District of Washington)
- Four Stabbed at Green Hill School in Chehalis Sunday (Yahoo Sport)