906. Piney Ridge Treatment Center
The Piney Ridge Treatment Center located in Fayetteville is controlled by the Acadia Healthcare inc. In 2019 reports of neglect, sex and dirt was reported in the media.
Disability Rights Arkansas claimed that the facility did not take the medical issues of the children placed at the facility enough into consideration and also supervised them too little so some of the children were hurt.
The report together with reports from other facilities controlled by the Acadia Healthcare Inc. paint a picture of a system where the consideration for profit endanger the welfare of the children.
It cannot be fun to be there as a child.
- Monitors report neglect, sex, dirt at kids facility in Northwest Arkansas (Northwest Arkansas Democrat Gazette)
- Discipline issues flagged at Northwest Arkansas child treatment center (Arkansas Democrat Gazette)
- Arkansas youth treatment center broke federal rules in chemical injections, seclusion (KA TV)
- For-Profit Psychiatric “Hospitals”: A Year Of Police Raids; Staff Arrests; More Allegations Of Patient Rapes; Hospital Closures And $152 Million In Lawsuit Payouts And Settlements (Citizens Commission on Human Rights International)