899. BlueFire Wilderness
The wilderness program was started in 2014. According to survivors of the program, limitation of food was used as punishment. Shoes are confiscated as precaution against escape attempts. The program seems to involve themselves in custody wars so a child can be alienated against one of the parents.
It does not sound a fun place to be as a teenager.
- How I was abused at BlueFire Wilderness Therapy (Reddit Troubled Teen Message board)
- Bluefire wilderness program – Idaho – investigation thread (Fighting Institutional Child Abuse Network message board)
- Daughter , 13yo sent to Wilderness Camp BlueFire in Idaho without my consent , What to Do? (Reddit Troubled Teen Message board)
- Bluefire Wilderness program – Idaho (Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora)
- Staff list for Bluefire Wilderness program (HEAL-online)