895. Riverside Academy
Riverside Academy in Wichita, Kansas is now closed. People who passed the building like in the 2010’s could read graffiti with the wording:
- “Burn this place.”
- “Youth were abused here … systematically.”
- “This is a bad place.”
Taking into account that the facility was run by Sequel Youth & Family Services which is a for-profit company which have been the center of a attention by authorities in several states, the statements could very well be true. We can see reports of children running away from the facility before it closed.
It could not have been fun to be there as a teenager.
- The bad place (Reveal News)
- ‘Youth were abused here’ (APM Reports)
- ‘Youth were abused here’: Investigating Sequel’s patterns of abuse of foster children (OPB News)
- US lawmakers request investigation into youth congregate care facilities, including one Oregon relied heavily on (OPB News)
- Wichita police: 2 missing boys found safe (Kake News)