887. Marieval Indian Residential School
This is the second boarding school campus where unmarked graves have been located. Beside teaching in ordinary school subjects the aim with the school was to eliminate the culture of the students.
The identity of the people who were put into the 751 unmarked graves is not known nor how they ended up there.
The students were kept away from their family and the conditions were not healthy.
It could not have been fun to be there as a child.
- She saw the horrors of Marieval Residential School as a child 60 years ago. As an adult, something drew her back (The Toronto Star)
- ‘I could have been one of them’: Survivor recounts abuse at Marieval Indian Residential School (CTV News)
- Canada: 751 unmarked graves found at residential school (BBC)
- Marieval Indian Residential School (Wikipedia)