860. Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
The Devereux organization established their Texas department in 1959 and it is one out of many departments across the United States.
Searching on the facility articles speak of possible sexual attack on children and riots. An article points out that the management was not observant enough setting up guidelines which could have prevented these incidents.
Feedback from former patients on Google is not that positive
I use to live here. They played favoritism. When it was time for prom they told us if you walk out of school or anywhere else you will not attend prom but that was a lie. The counselors never cared. Never listened to you. I cant wait to show up one day to surprise everyone. Cause this place needs to be shut down. After me and another client left me and her still talked i told her i was pregant and told me someone from Devereux could take care of my baby. Umm what? The baby would have a better life. I miscarried. But for staff to still be connected with residents is a little disturbing. This place is not worth it. Dont come here EVER!Stephanie Rodriguez
Horrible communication good luck getting any information after spending 3 days calling leaving messages and never getting a callback I tried the number my insurance company provided and spoke to a super rude disgruntled employee who informed me they were long term not short term(1-2months inpatient) facility which is NOT clearly stated on their website. If the initial intake is this incompetent I can’t imagine how services could bemonique mcgillen
It does not sound like a fun place to be as a teenager.
- Mental health worker faces slew of charges after being accused of sexually assaulting 4 children (Click 2 Houston)
- 9 arrested at Devereux Advanced Behavior Health facility (RC News Chant)
- At the nation’s leading behavioral health nonprofit for youth, Devereux staff abused children in their care for years — while red flags were dismissed. (The Philadelphia Inquirer, LLC)
- Mother of teen with autism demanding answers from facility he went missing from and Phoenix PD (ABC 15 Arizona)
- Valley mother asks for community’s help to find missing teen with autism (ABC 15 Arizona)
- DOZENS OF CHILDREN REPORT SEXUAL ABUSE AT DEVEREUX ADVANCED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (Cohen & Malad, LLP)
- New lawsuit alleges Devereux failed to protect at least six children from abuse (The Philadelphia Inquirer)
- Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Staff Sexual Abuses Class Action Lawsuit (Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP)