777. Phillips Exeter Academy
While the school in general has a good reputation, parents might ask themselves if the school has implemented enough precautions to prevent another teacher like the convicted Bateman from taking pornographic photos of students. The teacher was convicted of storing some 300 photos – some of a victim at the school aged 16 when the photos were taken.
Secondly other employees were named in a long line of incidents which should not have been taken place involving minors.
It cannot be fun being a teenager to know that photos of you naked are in the hands of employees, who can use them as they like.
- Phillips Exeter reveals new sex abuse allegations against ex-faculty (Sea Coast Online)
- Phillips Exeter: Ex-worker fired for failing to report sexual misconduct (Sea Coast Online)
- Ex-PEA teacher jailed for sex assault. Student: ‘You used every ounce of my innocence’ (Sea Coast Online)
Another employee admitted in court that he had provided illegal services to the students. He was charged and it was revealed that his ties to important parts of the political elite in the state had protected him for a while from arrest.
- REVEALED: New Hampshire senator’s husband let creepy teacher maintain ties to elite private school despite inappropriate relationship with student – and lawmaker appointed him to her campaign even AFTER he’d been forced to retire (The Daily Mail)
- Scandal still reverberates at prep school (Pagesuite – The Boston Globe)
- After Globe inquiry, Phillips Exeter announces former teacher was barred from campus (The Boston Globe)