612. Vildmarken kalder aka vildmarksprojektet
“Vildmarken kalder” also known as Vildmarksprojektet (In some sources also mentioned as Rejseprojektet) was an illegal residential treatment option used by Danish authorities from around 2005 and some years after. The youth were sent to Norway and placed at remote locations in Sweden and Norway. Regardless that it was against the law to place minors abroad according to Danish legislation several departments of social services made use of this so-called treatment program. The manager had no relevant education. In fact he was trained auto mechanic.
The youth were met with physical violence. No case worker report him for his illegal use of force as they were required to according to Danish law. Neither employees from the treatment program nor case workers have been disciplined for their work and use of this illegal treatment program.
It could not have been a fun place to be as a teenager.
- Først blev de anbragt i Helvede – så splittede kommunen søstrene op og svigtede dem igen (TV2 Nyhederne – in Danish language)
- Forbandede barndom (Google books – in Danish language – ISBN-10: 8771596453)
- Nye anklager mod projektleder: Tæsket og truet i ni timer på iskold bjergside (TV2 Nyhederne)
- Anmeldte grov vold fire måneder for sent: – Jeg har det ad helvede til med det (TV2 Øst – in Danish language)