525. Skyline Journey
Skyline Journey was a wilderness program in Utah, which became known in the media after a 14 year old boy died in the program. While the employees and the program were prosecuted nothing was learned from this tragic death as teenagers continued to die in wilderness programs.
It could not have been fun to be there as a teenager.
- Boy, 14, Dies On Camp Hike In Utah Heat (New York Times)
- Outdoor Therapy Camp Workers Charged in Hiking Death of Boy (New York Times)
- Ian August – 2002 (Today a child died memorial blog)
- A Deadly Path (The Salt Lake Tribune)
- After a teen’s death, a wilderness therapy program heads to court (The Salt Lake Tribune)