482. Brookhaven Youth Ranch
2016 marked the second time a boy lost his life while he was forced to stay at Brookhaven Youth Ranch near Waco in Texas. The place is for teenagers courtordered by local juvenile courts but none of the punishment instated by the courts seem to include death penalty. Still two boys didn’t leave the ranch alive.
It cannot be fun to be there as a teenager.
- Mom Blames Youth Ranch for Son’s Death (Courthouse News Service)
- DFPS investigates staff at Brookhaven Youth Ranch (KXXV News)
- State faults treatment center in death of Travis County teen (Statemans News Network)
- 2nd known death at Brookhaven Youth Ranch (Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora)
- Anthony Green – 1991 (Today a child died – memorial blog)
- Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales – 2014 (Today a child died – memorial blog)