427. Douai Abbey monastic boarding school, United Kingdom
The school closed in 1999. At the time of the closure the church who ran the school was aware that something was wrong with one of their employees. Decades later the victims finally got some justice when the court convicted the employee for his improper relationships with students.
It could not have been fun to be there as a teenager when the employee was around.
- Vicar jailed for decades of sex abuse after church failed to take action (The Guardian)
- Vicar gets 5 1/2 years for molesting boys (The Daily and Sunday Express)
- Church did not act on priest’s 30 years of child abuse (The Daily Mail online)
- Father Michael Creagh to serve further jail time for child abuse offences at Douai Abbey(Bolt, Burdon, Kemp lawyers)
- Priest jailed for molesting boy, 12 (The Independent)