420. Riverside Baptist Boys home
Back in 1992 the authorities investigated abuse at this facility. Riverside Baptist Boys home in Rock Hills, South Carolina closed after the investigation but the authorities were not able to lift the burden of proof against the manager Reverend Johnny Cabe.
The Reverend moved on conducting a Ponzi Scheme. He served prison for that. In 2010 he was investigated again for touching a boy playing doctor. Finally he was convicted but managed to avoid prison with a plea deal.
It could not have been fun to be at the boys home.
- Rock Hill minister indicted on sex charges (WCNC)
- Pastor accused of touching child gets plea bargain (WCNC)
- Rock Hill pastor who stole $8 million from church gets probation for impersonating doctor, touching boy (Herald-Journal)
- Baptist Church In Rock Hill Temporarily Closes Boys’ Home (Herald-Journal)
- After a life of crime & 9 years in prison,Bill Cabe still a Baptist Pastor (Topix)