406. Teen Reach
Teen Reach under the influence by preacher Bobby Torres became the center of an investigation by the Department of Economic Security after word reached the authorities of use of corporal punishment.
In the end the investigation shut the program down.
Corporal punishment is no fun and it is safe to say that it wasn’t fun to be there as a teenager.
- Troubled teens program probed (The Cincinnati Enquirer)
- Faith-based Teen Ranch on probation after probe (Casa Grande Dispatch)
- Teen Reach founder fires back at state (The Arizona Republic – World Corporal Punishment Research)
- Teen Reach loses to DES (East Valley Tribune)
- Teen Reach Survivers (Reddit r/Troubled Teens)
- A Place called “Teen Reach” in Scottsdale AZ. Any other people make it through?? (Reddit r/Troubled Teens)