400. Carlisle Indian Reform School
At the Carlisle Boarding School in Pennsylvania some teenagers died from various illnesses but also from sheer depression.
Now the families will try to get the bodies back home so they can get graves relatives can visit.
When a place is so bad that you can die from sheer depression it is safe to say that it cannot have been fun to be there as a teenager.
Some of the remains of children who died at the school were returned back to the place where they came from.
- Tribe Seeks to Have Remains Children who Died at Carlisle Boarding School Returned to Wind River Indian Reservation (Native News Online)
- Rosebud Sioux tribe welcomes home remains of 9 children who died at Pennsylvania boarding school (Argus Leader)
- Carlisle Indian School Project (Website)
- Tribe claims remains of kids who died at assimilation school (ABC News)