370. Abundant Life Academy (II)
After the “visit” from the Child Protective Services in Nevada the management moved the facility to Utah where the legislation continues to be relaxed bordering to non-existing.
They were located in a former maternity home in Kanab in Utah. They also opened a department in Jessup Georgia.
In 2010 a boy escaped from the facility and was involved in car accident. He ended up in the local juvenile prison and the other students were envious about the conditions he endured.
The feedback from the graduated students were spread around the Internet and it discouraged families from using the services the facility provided. They tried to downsize by moving the facility to St. George. In the end the management sold the business to a new group of owners who made the choice to start up from scratch in another state. This phase is covered by the next article.
Today a Facebook group discuss the daily life during that period. It didn’t sound like a fun place to be.
- THE HEART AND HISTORY OF ABUNDANT LIFE ACADEMY
- The Truth About Abundant Life Academy (Facebook Group)
- Abundant Life Academy has employee shake-up (Southern Utah News)
- High speed chase ends with spikes in Marble Canyon area (Southern Utah News)
- Reviews – Abundant Life Academy (Topix.com)