368. Blue Ridge Military Academy
It has been some years since the police found boys on the point of starving at this academy. At the time of its closure the boarding school was named Blue Ridge Military Academy but earlier it was run under the name Bunker Hill Military School.
Among the key employees were Sean Mask who in 1995 was charged with videotaping boys in the shower at a camp in Indiana, but charges were later dropped. At the time of the closure Sean Mask was on probation for being a felon in possession of a firearm. Another employee was Irene Elizabeth Bradbury who later became involved in a traffic incident. Two employees Robert Earl Herrington and Dale Curtis were mentioned to have been arrested in the case.
It didn’t sound like a fun place to be as a teenager.
- State orders camp to close (Saint Peterburgs Times Online)
- Camp instructors out on bond (The Augusta Chronicle)
- It’s taps again for boot camp (Saint Peterburgs Times Online)
- Former director of military academy accused of battery (Saint Peterburgs Times Online)