285. Abounding Grace School for Boys
The school was first located in Yanceyville but was around its closure located at a local church named Believer’s Baptist Church.
The school used according to testimonies corporal pusnishment.
My son went to that school and unfortunately, was abused as well. I volunteered my time for six months there after my son did his 18 months. To my utter shock, I saw and heard things that were in fact abuse. I want to testify to that effect that these people are horrible and abusive, manipulative, and money hoarders. They sold a house that was donated to them only to keep over $300,000.00 tell me that isn’t unjust! Some one needs to take these people and treat them the same way they treat people. Oh, the boy who got 200 spankings was Timmy from N.Y. I was a witness to that. He ran into the bathroom and slid in after the first 50. Anyone who wants to challenge my knowledge on these so called Christians… feel free to contact me at: <email removed>Charley Garcia
In 2005 the founder and his wife – Lucinda and Stanley Mitchell – were indicted on child abuse charges. They got off the charges being placed on probation.
It could not have been fun to be there as a teenager.
- Abounding Grace School for Boys (blog news about the facility)
- Stan and Leigh Mitchell Deferred Prosecution (F.A.C.T.Net – Fight Against Coercive Tactics Network)
- Abounding Grace School For Child Abuse (It’s Recess-time Somewhere)
- Abounding Grace School’s owners to answer charges; Punishment turned into abuse, boys say (Winston-Salem Journal – Project Nospank)
- Two more up for evaluation (Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora)