189. The John Dewey Academy
The John Dewey Academy uses peer pressure marketed as “Positive Peer Culture” to handle at-risk teenagers. If the term covers positive teacher student relationship is not to say but at least two cases involving a Spanish teacher and the manager of the school are mentioned in the media.
If those relationships were forced it cannot be fun to be there as a teenager.
- Teacher in abuse suit defends actions (The Boston Globe)
- Staff list for John Dewey Academy (HEAL-online)
- Factsheet of the program (Fornits Wiki)
The program was in the media again.
- Former students of Great Barrington prep school describe it as ‘torture chamber’ (The Berkshire Eagle)
- Elite Boarding School for Troubled Teens Was Torture Chamber (The News Station)