151. Citrus Center for Adolescent Treatment Services
The police was called to an understaffed facility in Florida due to claims of a riot in need of suppressing. When an officer grabbed the arm of a girl she turned away and the police hit her to the ground. Having been travelling around the world I can say that it is not the best idea having police at an asylum where patients are in need of treatment and therapy. I remember having visited the American continent and there the police was uniformed bullies you had to pay so they could protect and serve you. Her luck is that she didn’t get a shotgun blast in her face.
Having said that maybe Florida is a little better than Venezuela when it comes to the standard of the police but still police are not trained to provide therapy and treatment. They are trained to arrest people and if necessary to put them to death. Even here in Copenhagen a mentally disabled man was shot to pieces in a 7-11 store while he was on the ground.
So the real question is: Why was the facility understaffed? Where is the oversight which should secure that at least some of the money should go to treatment and not down in the pocket of the owners?
Citrus Center for Adolescent Treatment Services is not a fun place for a teenager to live for sure.
- EXCLUSIVE: “Riot” Brought Police To Center For Troubled Teens (CBS Local Miami)
- Abuse allegations against Pines treatment center for minors (Sun Sentinel)
- “Riot” Brought Police To Center For Troubled Teens (The Reddit Troubled Teen Message board)
- Teens Tied Down and Shot Up With Drugs at Pembroke Pines Facility (Broward Palm Beach New Times)