131. Ascent Wilderness Program
CEDU was a large chain of private teenage prisons created out of the ideas of Synanon which was a religious community which was closed by the IRS. People are still missing from Synanon. CEDU closed in 2005. Several boys went missing from one of the campuses and some have not been found to this very day. CEDU closed in 2005.
At a point CEDU started a wilderness program. It was properly closed around year 2010. It couldn’t have been fun to be forced into as a teenager.
I once saw a book called “A Kidnapped Mind: A Mother’s Heartbreaking Story of Parental Alienation Syndrome”. It is about a divorce where a parent wouldn’t let a boy find his own identity based on the method we all use: Try and Error. Instead she sent him to this wilderness program and the PTSD inflicted made him chose an premature death.
- A Kidnapped Mind: A Mother’s Heartbreaking Story of Parental Alienation Syndrome (by Pamela Richardson)
- Factsheet about the wilderness program (HEAL-online)
- Canadians Faced Shocking Abuse At U.S. ‘Troubled Teen’ Boarding Schools (The Huffington Post)
- Survivor, Ascent & Northwest Academy & Hyde 1997-1999 (Survivor Stories – Breaking Silence)